Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

best option to increase score fast

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

best option to increase score fast

Hi all:

i have 2 capital ones one with 500.00 C/L and one 750.00 C/L and balances about the same amount

I have a premierecreditcard 300.00 C/L balnce 250.00

I also have Radioshack with 700.00 C/L and balance 30.00,  Dell C/L 3000.00 and balance 50.00

Barclays Apple....1200.00 C/L and balance 1100.00

Question is ?

If i have the money available for next month payment on all the accounts.....whats the best suggestion ....pay them off entirely and leave only one with 9% balance or

leave 9% or less on all of the above?

Thanks everyone for your help

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: best option to increase score fast

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all:

i have 2 capital ones one with 500.00 C/L and one 750.00 C/L and balances about the same amount

I have a premierecreditcard 300.00 C/L balnce 250.00

I also have Radioshack with 700.00 C/L and balance 30.00,  Dell C/L 3000.00 and balance 50.00

Barclays Apple....1200.00 C/L and balance 1100.00

Question is ?

If i have the money available for next month payment on all the accounts.....whats the best suggestion ....pay them off entirely and leave only one with 9% balance or

leave 9% or less on all of the above?

Thanks everyone for your help

Pay them ALL off except ONE, let it report <9% of its credit limit (your util). You will probably see better scores if you could get that one CC you're leaving the bal on to about 1-5% of its credit limit (your util).

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, i was going to go the other route , but I also read some more posts abou this and they agree...

Message 3 of 6
xlr8d
Frequent Contributor

+1

pay them off entirely and leave only one with 9% balance

Starting Score: EQ 515 TU 490 EXfaco 510
Current Score: EQ 660 TU 665 EXplus 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@xlr8d wrote:

+1

pay them off entirely and leave only one with 9% balance or lower, 1-5% would probably yield you your best scores.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks to all for your contribution....

what i 've been doing this past months is using the available credit on cap one specifically as amex....ex paying almost the full amount every month, and waiting after the statement date for using them.

It has been working well so far, but thats going to be my next step towards getting me a real Amex.

With this new ideas , I hope my credit score speeds up,

i have some collections which i cant do nothing about them, so I just wait tll they get deleted.

this forum is so helpful , thanks again for nice work.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.