Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

best reward cards available

tag
Weights
Regular Contributor

best reward cards available

I know there are other forums on this, but they seemed to be a bit narrowed.  In any event, what in your opinion are the best cards on any and all categories, presuiming you'd get approved for your choice(s).  I would say the penfed platinum cash rewards plus, due to the 5% cash back on gas purchases. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: best reward cards available

Sallie mae 

CSP 

BCP

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 4
red259
Super Contributor

@Weights wrote:

I know there are other forums on this, but they seemed to be a bit narrowed.  In any event, what in your opinion are the best cards on any and all categories, presuiming you'd get approved for your choice(s).  I would say the penfed platinum cash rewards plus, due to the 5% cash back on gas purchases. 

There is no correct answer. It depends on what you are spending on and what type of rewards you want, travel/cash back/special benefits etc. Even after that it depends on if people have access to specific airlines/hotels etc, what is best for some people is not necessarily the best for others. Different cards are the best for different situations.

For me what would be best is the chase ink plus. Nice bonus to start with 5x points on cable, cell and landlines, airline lounge passes etc.  

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 3 of 4
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

As you must have expected, it depends!

So, if you spend $250 or less on gas per month, Sallie Mae is better than Penfed, as it also gives 5% on groceries and bookstores including Amazon.   For many, gas is a relatively small part of their spending, so a gas-only card wouldn't win top place.

For me now, Amex Blue Cash wins, because of the earning opportunity.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.