cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

best sign up bonus airlines credit card?

tag
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Re: best sign up bonus airlines credit card?

@Open123 wrote:

Right now, there aren't many "great" deals compared to the past.

All or most of the Airlines have scaled back to 30K bonuses, which after the 50K and 100K bonuses they were offering seems trivial.  UA, SW or US Air are all offering at or around 30K miles.  Citi has withdrawn it's AA's 50K bonus.  Or, you could wait until after the AA/US Air merger to see if (1) Citi retains the program; (2) and, if they'll offer a new promo to launch a new card for the airline.

Non airline miles, there's the 40K bonus on the Arrival. Or, the 40k on the CSP, which is you best bet if you don't have it.

Sadly, I think we've probably seen the end of the great sign up bonuses.

+1 in that there aren't many good signup bonuses currently. Most of them seem to be fairly standard, and definitely nothing like the 75-100k bonuses we've seen over the past couple of years.

However I wouldn't say it's the end perse, but perhaps the end of huge public bonuses. I think we'll end up with more lucrative targeted offers, so it's not the end for everyone.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 11 of 13
HiLine
Blogger

People have mentioned Chase United and Barclays Lufthansa. In addition, I know that the Amex Gold Delta gives you 45k miles and the Citi AA gives you 40k miles. The Chase British Airways offers 50k miles.

Message 12 of 13
cuteguy52
New Visitor

I currently have the US Air card (Barclay's).I signed up for it because upon sign-up I got 40,500 bonus miles (after you use it one time). You also get companion passes every year (Buy 1 ticket at full price and bring 1 or 2 people with you for $99). I also have Legacy Credit Card which gives me the same bonus on my purchases.

Hated being Hated...
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.