cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

best way to redeem citi double cash rewards?

tag
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Re: best way to redeem citi double cash rewards?

@kdm31091 wrote:
I dunno. I like the 2 percent thing just not crazy about how they execute it. Maybe next year when I'm not gardening anymore they'd give me a decent limit. I have a bad taste in my mouth from the ridiculous 1K limit they gave me in the fall, which I promptly closed.

Gulp! This sheds light on this post.

Message 21 of 36
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Yeah I admit to being a bit jaded about it although they seem to give low limits for it in general
Message 22 of 36
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:
Yeah I admit to being a bit jaded about it although they seem to give low limits for it in general

What do you base this off of? They have SP CLI's, and in less than a year, my Citi card went from 2,500 to 5,400 on SP's. With the cancellation of my CSP, they are the 3rd highest limit card in my wallet, after AMEX BCE and Sallie Mae (Barclay's). I'd say Citi is very competitive w/ limits once you show usage on their cards.

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 23 of 36
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Well right, I was more talking about initial limits. I don't like to have a ton of cards. If I got a DC with a decent limit I could pare down some cards. If I had to hope it would grow with me, I'd be stuck. They do raise limits, but I was referring to initial DC limits.
Message 24 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I recall correctly there were quite a few posts from members who received substantial increases upon activation. It cost them another HP but if thats a concern its still one less than you have to take for QS. Smiley Happy YMMV thing as usual
Message 25 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

3 HP = Badbadbad
2 HP = Not good
1 HP = Good
1/2 HP (2 Approvals for one HP) = Great
0 HP = Excellent
Message 26 of 36
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
If I recall correctly there were quite a few posts from members who received substantial increases upon activation. It cost them another HP but if thats a concern its still one less than you have to take for QS. Smiley Happy YMMV thing as usual

Depends of course, Citi does double pulling for me, so this would equal Cap One.  (Hoping they wouldn't double pull on CLI!)   For those that did this, was the second pull on a different CRA?  Or did you get two on one (which to my miind can be worse than 1 each on 3)

Message 27 of 36
kdm31091
Super Contributor

If they're gonna give you a large CLI if you ask, why didn't they just issue the card with the larger limit, instead of making you take another HP to get the limit? Makes no sense because the account is still new, yet they'll increase it if you take another HP. They should give you the limit in the first place IMO.
Message 28 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why does anything weird happen with any of these lenders?! I have no clue Smiley Very Happy
Message 29 of 36
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Good point haha
Message 30 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.