Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

best way to use bt cards?

tag
revvystoke
Frequent Contributor

best way to use bt cards?

After being debt free for a few months my truck's transmission decides to crap out. Just a few months out of the warranty, luckily I can do the work myself but I don't have the cash laying around to purchase a new transmission for 3-4k. I have two cards with 0%, but they are low limits.

I opened a few new accounts in May and one in July. Should I transfer the entire balance to one card or split it up evenly to citi and discover? I don't want to risk aa from the new cards. 

AkAir $50k | Marriott $65k | Local CU $8k
TU: 770 / EQ: 748 / EX: 769
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Re: best way to use bt cards?

Personally i would transfer it to one...depending on how close youll be to ur limit...paying one card would be easier and just pay it down to avoid spooking anyone.

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 2 of 4
myjourney
Super Contributor

@djc1puno wrote:
Personally i would transfer it to one...depending on how close youll be to ur limit...paying one card would be easier and just pay it down to avoid spooking anyone.

+1 agreed but get UTL down so as not to seem maxed out on the BT card ASAP

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 4
Scrounger888
Established Member

I'd split it to keep utilization down because overall your utilization should be ok. 0 % offers can be great.

I have a quick bt transfer question. Do the cards that you're paying off using the balance transfers ever suffer aa? I'd like to take advantage of a 0% offer but don't want to mess up existing cards because I have uses for them as they are points cards, just higher interest.

In the garden since 30/07/2013.
TU 735
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.