cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bill me later on ebay?! denied but confused...help!

tag
SantaMar
Regular Contributor

bill me later on ebay?! denied but confused...help!

my ebay is used by my lady. she has used it dozens of times and usually pays with her paypal. my paypal is linked to my ebay but if she purchases something, she would pay transfer from her pay pal to my pay pal and then from my paypal she would complete the purchase...no problems with this approach. she bought something for like 900 bucks at the end of march. i knew she got it because she was pumped and excited. she transferred money and from her paypal to me and then from my paypal she made the purchase. i guess along the way ebay asked her about Bill Me Later....here is my question...

she did not use bill me later. she paid in full with pay pal. today i got a letter from EQ stating i have been denied my request for the Bill Me Later service. im guessing its an ebay credit card?1 in any event, she states she didnt apply for Bill Me Later and it must be a mistake, to which i responded, "honey, the letter is in front of my face...there must have been a request, accidental or not, there must have been a request." my lady doesnt know my social and i dont think ebay ever asked nor would i provide my social to them....please keep reading...

the request was denied and i quote from the notice..." your information was incomplete or inaccurate or the circumstances may have suggested the purchase was not made by you." so in terms of the pull do you think it was even made? i mean how could a pull be made? this letter seems like they didnt have any information besides my name and address...my lady doesnt have my social and like i said i never provided my social to ebay! im concerned because my credit is squeaky clean (just got a nice mortgage with a good rate and i have 3 CC with 17k available credit, no baddies, at least 800 fico) and i am planning to app soon for some nice cards so i dont want pull, hard or soft, for a bull crap ebay credit card!!
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

Re: bill me later on ebay?! denied but confused...help!

You can see if a pull was made by getting your credit reports and examining them. It sounds like whatever happened is water over the dam and if I were you I would just leave it and forget about it. If a soft pull occured then no harm no foul. If a hard pull happened then it could have small consequences towards your score but the only way to know is to pull your reports and look at them. 

Message 2 of 25
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@SantaMar wrote:
my ebay is used by my lady. she has used it dozens of times and usually pays with her paypal. my paypal is linked to my ebay but if she purchases something, she would pay transfer from her pay pal to my pay pal and then from my paypal she would complete the purchase...no problems with this approach. she bought something for like 900 bucks at the end of march. i knew she got it because she was pumped and excited. she transferred money and from her paypal to me and then from my paypal she made the purchase. i guess along the way ebay asked her about Bill Me Later....here is my question...

she did not use bill me later. she paid in full with pay pal. today i got a letter from EQ stating i have been denied my request for the Bill Me Later service. im guessing its an ebay credit card?1 in any event, she states she didnt apply for Bill Me Later and it must be a mistake, to which i responded, "honey, the letter is in front of my face...there must have been a request, accidental or not, there must have been a request." my lady doesnt know my social and i dont think ebay ever asked nor would i provide my social to them....please keep reading...

the request was denied and i quote from the notice..." your information was incomplete or inaccurate or the circumstances may have suggested the purchase was not made by you." so in terms of the pull do you think it was even made? i mean how could a pull be made? this letter seems like they didnt have any information besides my name and address...my lady doesnt have my social and like i said i never provided my social to ebay! im concerned because my credit is squeaky clean (just got a nice mortgage with a good rate and i have 3 CC with 17k available credit, no baddies, at least 800 fico) and i am planning to app soon for some nice cards so i dont want pull, hard or soft, for a bull crap ebay credit card!!

I would suggest pulling all reports and putting freezes on all reports. Good luck to you!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 25
hausfrau
New Contributor

You can get free reports from all three cra if you believe there is fraud, or if you have been denied credit.

Starting my rebuild!

Message 4 of 25
SantaMar
Regular Contributor

from the wording of why i was denied it seems like all they had was just my name and address...no social...so without a social how can a pull even be attempted? worst case scenario, what the point deduction that comes with a hard pull?
Message 5 of 25
SantaMar
Regular Contributor

also if a pull was made, and i went to EQs site now and checked it out, would the pull be on my report? would it be live already or would it take some time? it says the purchase/application was on 3/31/13
Message 6 of 25
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

Oh btw, don't worry about pulling your Experian report. Bill me later is a webbank product and I don't believe they pull or report to Experian. 

Message 7 of 25
SantaMar
Regular Contributor

this letter came direct from equifax....
Message 8 of 25
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

@SantaMar wrote:
from the wording of why i was denied it seems like all they had was just my name and address...no social...so without a social how can a pull even be attempted? worst case scenario, what the point deduction that comes with a hard pull?

@SantaMar wrote:

If your girlfriend had your paypal and ebay acount login info and she pressed the wrong button by mistake when ordering, it may have pulled all your info from either ebay to make a hard or soft pull. That stuff is all linked together. Paypal is administed by a different bank so it probably has absolutely nothing to do with paypal. However ebay has enough of your info to initiate a hard or soft pull and that info is all linked together and it would have been very easy for your gf to click the wrong button and not realise it or something. I wouldn't freak out about it too much. At worst it was one hard pull which you can dispute with them and get removed from your reports if it is in error. No worries. It will be ok....

Message 9 of 25
SantaMar
Regular Contributor

ok, im going to assume a hard pull was done...i literally was waiting until the 16th to app for a new card. i was waiting til the 16th because my statement was going to cut and that would give enough time to report my utilizations...if i were to apply for a card that doesnt pull EQ, would they not even smell of a hard pull? hypothetically, lets say discover and chase pull transunion and i were to app for one of them, would they be completely ignorant to the fact i have a hard pull with EQ? im getting over analytical...now its just for educational purposes
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.