Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

**bleep** Cap 1?

tag
LilloEsquilo
Contributor

Re: **bleep** Cap 1?

I gotta disagree. If he shouldn't actually USE the card, what the hell is the point of having it? Just to carry it around in his wallet and try to impress his date with the thing? So what if he maxxed it out so long as he pays it right away? I mean seriously, if these things can't actually be used (or shouldn't be) then they really aren't a hell of a lot of good in my view.

FICOS 2/2012 EQ: 763 TU: 761 EX: 746 (1/2012 EX)
Cards: Associated Bank Visa 9000, Paypal Mastercard 3000, Amazon Store card 1100, Barclays Apple Financing 2500, Cap One Rewards Mastercard 3000
Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can understand that you're frustrated but blame the rise of identity theft and payment fraud out there.  Can't blame Capital One for wanting to prevent additional fraud losses.  I am a capital one customer and I appreciate the fact that they have a fraud department that looks out for me.  Get mad when a fraudster is able to get by and charge up your account or when they call to the office to change your information and take over your account.  Then get mad.  The policies and procedures are changed and are in placed because of compliance and if compliance is broken then it's big trouble. 

IMO, you should expect for any card company to not want to check you out especially since you maxed out the card and made a payment before your statement was end.  That's classic fraud like behavior that they have probably seen too many times and yes, they have the right to protect themselves.  Be lucky you didn't have to fax in documents to prove who you are or a bank statment to verify that you're the owner of the checking account. 

In other words, if you want to blame or beep someone regarding the policy/procedures you have to go through, blame the fraudsters out there that can get your info anything and anywhere you least expect it. 

Establish your pattern with them first and then after the computer sees your pattern, it should be a lot easier. 

Message 22 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Next time you go out of the country or on a trip period; call and do a vacation override.  Most CC companies have this now, including Capital One.  Saves a lot of hassle and trouble.

Message 23 of 25
chan85
Established Contributor

LilloEsquilo

08-12-2011 08:58 PM

I gotta disagree. If he shouldn't actually USE the card, what the hell is the point of having it? Just to carry it around in his wallet and try to impress his date with the thing? So what if he maxxed it out so long as he pays it right away? I mean seriously, if these things can't actually be used (or shouldn't be) then they really aren't a hell of a lot of good in my view.

Nobody said he couldn't use it or shouldn't use it. Just expect additional security measures to protect themselves and other consumers from fraud. Oblige when they ask and keep it moving. Don't want to? Use cash, cuz almost every credit card company has probably done this to at least ONE of their customers and had at least ONE account they lost money on for somebody they didn't check on. And that ONE experience ruined it for everybody.....
Current Debt Management:
$15k Trinity Financial Management (scheduled pay off late 2021)
$10k NFCU
$350/mth Bridgecrest Auto Loan
Goals: Pay off credit card debt & buy a new home before end of 2020

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 24 of 25
snowangel
Frequent Contributor

IMO, you should expect for any card company to not want to check you out especially since you maxed out the card and made a payment before your statement was end.  That's classic fraud like behavior that they have probably seen too many times and yes, they have the right to protect themselves.  Be lucky you didn't have to fax in documents to prove who you are or a bank statment to verify that you're the owner of the checking account.   Truthfully, I would have preferred to download forms off their website and fax in documents then deal with the person I got.  They made me nervous.  

EQ: 662 | TU: 682 | EX Plus: 764
SL baddies fall off between Jan '13 - Oct '14
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.