Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blue cash amex vent!

tag
jaraico
Regular Contributor

blue cash amex vent!

my first american express and i have to say im extremely disappointed.

every time i call i deal with india , really amex? i understand i dont have one of the more prestigious annual fee cards but the customer service 

and the app has left me very disappointed. 

every time ive called for my freedom or sapphire i get real people here in the u.s...im really becoming team chase!

i know everyone's experience is different thought i would vent=]

im pushing everything through it right now for the cli but once i get it i will not use it for anything other than gas and groceries.

thanks for listening lol

Barclays TU: 760 MyFico EX: 746 EQ:?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Re: blue cash amex vent!

I am also a bit frustrated about their customer service..why? When I applied I did not go through the link of cardmatch so I got the lower sign up bonus and the higher APR. My own fault and I accept. Since my 0 APR will end shortly and I still get the 12,99% APR offers through cardmatch I called to see if it can be matched. Now it comes..Amex wants me to re-apply for the same card and then cancel the present BCP...really? I thought I did not hear right but it is serious as I called a 2nd time and had been told the exact same! ..no way I am going to apply for a card that I already have but for sure Amex will never get a dime in interest from me. It will be a PIF card! If I ever want to carry a balance for a couple of months then not on Amex Smiley Sad as on of the highest APR cards !.....I am not sure where my call got answered but it looks the csr were on a script both times.
Message 2 of 12
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Chase markets and promotes their US based CSR. AMEX doesn't.

To me it doesn't matter for AMEX CSR are in a different country because they still take care of their customers concerns. But hey this is my opinion.

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 3 of 12
enharu
Super Contributor

Amex, like chase, has a tiered customer service system. The type of CSRs you get is dependent upon the product you have, and also your internal score with them. Most companies work the same way. They try to dedicate the best team of CSRs available for their "best" customers. For instance, if you are a frequent customer at amazon, especially for expensive purchases, and rarely ever have any claims / returns, you will almost get US based CSR whenever you call, even if its during the wee hours.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 12
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

@enharu wrote:
Amex, like chase, has a tiered customer service system. The type of CSRs you get is dependent upon the product you have, and also your internal score with them. Most companies work the same way. They try to dedicate the best team of CSRs available for their "best" customers. For instance, if you are a frequent customer at amazon, especially for expensive purchases, and rarely ever have any claims / returns, you will almost get US based CSR whenever you call, even if its during the wee hours.

Amazon is awesome.  Off topic, I know.

I've had great service with Chase even when I speak with folks outside of the country. I've had terrible service from domestic customer service with many companies.

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Message 5 of 12
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Personally I think the Amex app is one of the best compared to all the others I use (Amex, BOFA, Chase, DCU, Cap One, Penfed, SDFCU, USAA etc ad nasuem).  Only thing I find awkward is how often they change things which forces me to figure a new interface out (twice in the last year IIRC) but that's hardly an extreme amount of time on my part.  Their application navigation is admittedly different from every other lenders app I have experience with, so I can see how that'd be offputting at first blush and also I'm in the Amex app at least twice a month, and the others average (excluding Chase, depository institution) average less than once per month.

Out of curiosity what are you often calling about?  The only times I've ever talked to my credit card issuers is when they contact me about possible fraud, in which case I don't care whom I talk to at all.  

        
Message 6 of 12
donalduck

Interesting. Every time I've called in I've spoken to an American. I just got my card too! 

Message 7 of 12
elvigy
Contributor

Just curious, but did they actually fix the problem you had? I have the same card so just wondering if the concern is that they are in India or they actually didn't fix the issue you called about. It doesn't really matter to me who I talk to if they will take care of my problem.

Amex BCP | Barclaycard Arrival WMC | Chase Freedom Unlimited | Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature | Discover IT
Message 8 of 12
brianjb
Contributor

I have three AMEX cards, and everytime I call I get someone from the US.  I don't care if the person is in the US, India, or on the moon as long as they help me out.

If the problem is that the accent makes it hard to understand, then maybe ask them to speak slower or ask for a native English speaker politely.

AMEX TrueEarnings 10K | AMEX BCE 10K | AMEX Hilton Honors 10K | AMEX Hilton Surpass 2K | Bank of America 1-2-3 2K | Barclay Card 2K | Chase Southwest Premier Visa 6K | Chase Marriott Premier Visa 9K | Discover IT Card 1.5K | Merrick Bank 1.4K | Navy Federal Credit Union Visa 10K | Navy Federal Credit Union navCheck 15K | USAA Rewards 7K |+ tons of store cards (GE furniture, Amazon, Lowes, Home Depot, etc)
Total amount of available credit $100K
Scores (as of December 2013) Equifax 714 | Experian 714 | Transunion 727
Short term goal is score 750+ across the board
Long term goal is to have all scores close to 800 or 800+
Message 9 of 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I haven't had to call Amex often and I have several cc's with them. On those rare occasions my questions or concerns were handled quickly and I did not have to keep calling to have the situation resolved. Could it be the length of time I've been a member, the types of cc's I have with them or my internal score?

As others have stated, Chase and Discover market US based call centers. Amex does not.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.