tag
score_building
Senior Contributor

boa change in terms - RJ Lite?

platinum plus: 

var. 6.24 to 11.99

platinum plus world points:

'fixed'  9.99 to 15.24

i figured i wouldn't be overlooked, they've been v. good to me overall in our short (about 2 years) history they haven't goaded me into cynicism yet the way i feel amex insists on.  by some streak of chance or luck boa seems to be treating me somewhat gently so far in good times and bad.  even with this AA it isn't that aggressive, anywho, pif rules!  i can only be annoyed at myself for only having one of the two pif at the moment Smiley Tongue

can't remember, does boa combine cards, any luck requesting to keep a better rate?

Message Edited by score_building on 04-08-2009 07:37 PM
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
jaybird201
Established Contributor

Re: boa change in terms

call them up and see if you can get it reduced. maybe you can even pull the old jedi mind trick on them:

"this isn't the high apr you're looking for..."

Message Edited by jaybird201 on 04-08-2009 02:26 PM
Message 2 of 7
score_building
Senior Contributor

@jaybird201 wrote:

call them up and see if you can get it reduced. maybe you can even pull the old jedi mind trick on them:

"this isn't the high apr you're looking for..."

LOL ...i only asked because i think some report they were successful in having the increase reconsidered but others say it was a no go...when i called, i was told that rate change letters can't be reconsidered except via opt out.  in any case, i plan to use boa acct as pif cards but the one w/ the lower rate has been my goto if carrying a modest bal briefly, if at all- so i've still got a chunk on it that i need to dispense with b4 the change goes effective in may.

Message 3 of 7
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

Never forget that a "fixed" APR doesn't mean they can't change it, it only means they have to notify you first.
Message 4 of 7
score_building
Senior Contributor

@KingAdrock wrote:
Never forget that a "fixed" APR doesn't mean they can't change it, it only means they have to notify you first.

that's right within 15 days i think it is.  the term has fallen under scrutiny again recently since it is seen by many consumer groups, etc. as rather misleading to consumers.
Message 5 of 7
jaybird201
Established Contributor

I'd call back at least 5 times. Whenever I have a problem and I can't find someone to tell me the answer I want to hear, I'll keep calling back until I do. Works 99% of the time.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try, try, try again.....5 times, right? Smiley Very Happy
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.