Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bofa just graduated!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

bofa just graduated!

Finally after 9 months!. It was a secured 300cl that was unsecured with a 500cli. I also got a upgrade to the Worldpoints. The card should be comming in the mail in the next few days. My annual fee is still 29 and the apr is 15.99.
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
msheresy
Regular Contributor

Re: bofa just graduated!

Congrats!!!

Did it unsecure automatically or did you call and request it.  I have the 99/500 card and the 9th statement cuts around 4/25. 

Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

i called in and got it unsecured..They will send a chack in the mail for my refund.

I just called csr after being a lil curious. They told me that I was going to get a upgrade to a Worldpoints. At first i figured I would just keep my previous acct # which was a visa. After speaking with the Rep she told me that the new card was going to be a MC which then would have to be another seperate card. So I went futher to ask them about the Worldpoints MC. They say I will be getting seperate CC with diffrent terms. The terms are 9.99% apr and 0% for 12 months on BT's. They do not know what the CL will be since they are still processing. So that mean that I got my secured Plantinum Plus Visa unsecured with a 500 CLI to 800 and will be recieving the Worldpoints MC also in the mail. 

You know I read alot of these forum post since i started rebuilding but I dont recall this happen to anyone yet. Dd i get lucky?

Message 3 of 24
msheresy
Regular Contributor

Did you call on the day the 9th statement cut or did yuo wait a few days afterward?

Message 4 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

i never really pay attention to the dates. Two weeks ago they said i had to wait to april 10th which i know was bull. They sent me a letter saying that I was still early. So after calling about 2 more times I got it done over the phone. My account was open with them June 08
Message 5 of 24
msheresy
Regular Contributor

Did you call a backdoor # or the # on the back of your card?
Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

At first I had to get trasferred to the secured card dept in order to get it unsecured. Then after i got that done I called to backdoor number to get the PC which the number I dont remember
Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on getting your card unsecured!!
Message 8 of 24
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

Congrats on the upgrade. As long as you show BOA that you're a responsible borrower, they will reward you and treat you right.
Message 9 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

i called in and got it unsecured..They will send a chack in the mail for my refund.

I just called csr after being a lil curious. They told me that I was going to get a upgrade to a Worldpoints. At first i figured I would just keep my previous acct # which was a visa. After speaking with the Rep she told me that the new card was going to be a MC which then would have to be another seperate card. So I went futher to ask them about the Worldpoints MC. They say I will be getting seperate CC with diffrent terms. The terms are 9.99% apr and 0% for 12 months on BT's. They do not know what the CL will be since they are still processing. So that mean that I got my secured Plantinum Plus Visa unsecured with a 500 CLI to 800 and will be recieving the Worldpoints MC also in the mail. 

You know I read alot of these forum post since i started rebuilding but I dont recall this happen to anyone yet. Dd i get lucky?

Congrats on the 9.99%.  That is a great rate!  Mine unsecured to 14.99.
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.