Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bofa ??

tag
ak_7vytr0
Frequent Contributor

Re: bofa ??

The ak air website doesnt give an option for which card to apply for.. they issue card based on credit I assume... I was mostly wondering how much time I need to responsibly use this card before I should ask for the sig version

outta the garden.. for a house Smiley Very Happybr>Current score - eq 682(myfico) ex 703(ex 02) Tr 701 (tr 04) ck fako 66)
In the wallet - freedom 6k - Marriot 16.3k - Ak Airlines 25k - Bass pro MC (BofA) 12.5k - Amex SPG 18k - Amex Everday 11.7k - Amex BC 1K - Barclay Rewards 4k Newegg preferred 2.4k - Cabelas 2k - Diners Club Elite 15k -Diners Club Premier 15k - CU1 15K -Blue Nile 15k - Lowes 17k... HD 10k
Message 11 of 18
bada_bing
Frequent Contributor

Another thing I'd mention that I'm considering as a

long time AK visa card holder is getting a SPG card.

It seems like it would be advantageous to move all the

spending I put on the AK visa except for actual ticket

purchases onto a SPG card. It seems like you can get

a few more AK miles with the SPG for your daily spend

but you aren't locked into AlaskaAir with those miles.

I don't know if that directly helps you now, because a

SPG amex is probably a bit harder to qualify for, but if

you end up waiting anyway it might be something to

consider in the future.

+ 850 FICO8 since 2015, Thanks MyFICO - 5+ years since last HP
Message 12 of 18
ak_7vytr0
Frequent Contributor

As far as what I would use my miles for.. ak air is pretty much it... life long resident with no forseeable move in my future.. the only small reason I would consider another card is my sister lives in germany.. so the no ftf and having a freedom / sapphire combo has my attention.. as it is for now though my travel is between anchorage and fairbanks a cple times a year.. once a year to hawaii with my lady for a getaway without the kids

outta the garden.. for a house Smiley Very Happybr>Current score - eq 682(myfico) ex 703(ex 02) Tr 701 (tr 04) ck fako 66)
In the wallet - freedom 6k - Marriot 16.3k - Ak Airlines 25k - Bass pro MC (BofA) 12.5k - Amex SPG 18k - Amex Everday 11.7k - Amex BC 1K - Barclay Rewards 4k Newegg preferred 2.4k - Cabelas 2k - Diners Club Elite 15k -Diners Club Premier 15k - CU1 15K -Blue Nile 15k - Lowes 17k... HD 10k
Message 13 of 18
ak_7vytr0
Frequent Contributor

Also im curious how bofa looks at spending... ive ran almost 4 grand on my card in a month... realistically thats a little more than normal monthly spending for my household. So needless to say ive weekly payments to avoid an over limit... and untill ive got a higher limit ill have to continue making multiple monthly payments... 

Message 14 of 18
myjourney
Super Contributor

Forum trick 

Quoting post 

Under message you wish to respond to 

Click reply 

Top right corner click quote 

Enter response 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 15 of 18
ak_7vytr0
Frequent Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

Forum trick 

Quoting post 

Click reply 

Enter response 

Thank u

Message 16 of 18
myjourney
Super Contributor

@ak_7vytr0 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Forum trick 

Quoting post 

Click reply 

Enter response 

Thank u

Your welcome Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 17 of 18
bada_bing
Frequent Contributor

@ak_7vytr0 wrote:

Also im curious how bofa looks at spending... ive ran almost 4 grand on my card in a month... realistically thats a little more than normal monthly spending for my household. So needless to say ive weekly payments to avoid an over limit... and untill ive got a higher limit ill have to continue making multiple monthly payments... 

If you spend that much for a few months I would guess that you'll get an offer to

upgrade to the signature card within a few months. AlaskaAir likes to push the

signature and I think the lower tier cards are considered as entry points for where

they want everyone to be eventually.

The reason I mentioned the amex SPG card above is that SPG points are transferable

into the AlaskaAir miles program and you get 1.25 miles per $ of spend. You don't have to

use the Starwood points that way but the option is available. The SPG is the only card I know

of that directly transfers into Alaska's miles. If it wasn't for the 3x miles for $ spent on airfare on 

the AK visa, I'd dump the AK visa outright and get a SPG. I spend about $5k a year on AK

airfare (slopeworker).

+ 850 FICO8 since 2015, Thanks MyFICO - 5+ years since last HP
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.