cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

broke my new years resolution for the year!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

broke my new years resolution for the year!

I told mysef I wasn't going to app for any cards this year and let some INQ fall off.  I got denied from AMEX in 2008 and I was sitting here looking at the ZYNC. I was reading that it would be a good starter and might possibly be easier to get approved for . Im like what the hell .Just this one app for the year and thats it. I have enough visa and mastercards but no AMEX. I got approved for the zync!!! There goes my debit card! Not sure what they pulled in Louisiana but my scores the last time i checked was 670 EQ and 680 TRANS. I also have one small paid collections from 2005 on EQ and EXP and a pretty thin credit file. No  lie Im excited. I started with a score of 495 in 2008 and Ive come a long way. Patience pays off big time.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Re: broke my new years resolution for the year!

Way to go, pumbaablah!  Congrats on the new card and on the highly-improved scores!

As far as breaking your New Year's Resolution goes, look at it this way...you made it A FULL SEVEN DAYS!!

(That's five days more than I made it, so to me, you're a hero!   :smileyvery-happy:  )  

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just came back from my local chase branch to handle some issues. I never go inside the bank since they have the atm deposit machines. Last year they approved me for a regular chave visa with 4000 cl. I was sitting there and the rep said i was approved for a 4500cl Chase Slate. I was like wow this has got to be my year. I was so proud of myself and I happily accepted it. I have a feeling this is going to be a good year for me. So now my total cl on all cards are

chase slate--4500

Chase visa--4250  1200 bal

wamu/chase-- 500  0 bal

BOFA--1500  100 bal

Alliant--500     80 bal

CAP1--1500  100 bal

HomeDepot--750 0 bal

AmexZync--not sure

13.5k!  This is from a Orchard 300cl and BOfa secured 300cl in 2008! Nomore apps for me. I have way more than I need now. On to hopefully a mortgage in 2011! Thank you MYFico members for all the help!!!!

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Impressive!!!

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks!!!
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you!
Message 6 of 10
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just came back from my local chase branch to handle some issues. I never go inside the bank since they have the atm deposit machines. Last year they approved me for a regular chave visa with 4000 cl. I was sitting there and the rep said i was approved for a 4500cl Chase Slate. I was like wow this has got to be my year. I was so proud of myself and I happily accepted it. I have a feeling this is going to be a good year for me. So now my total cl on all cards are

chase slate--4500

wamu/chase-- 500  0 bal

BOFA--1500  100 bal

Alliant--500     80 bal

CAP1--1500  100 bal

HomeDepot--750 0 bal

AmexZync--not sure

13.5k!  This is from a Orchard 300cl and BOfa secured 300cl in 2008! Nomore apps for me. I have way more than I need now. On to hopefully a mortgage in 2011! Thank you MYFico members for all the help!!!!

Congratulations!

Are you open to a suggestion? It doesn't sound as if you are tweaking your scores right now, but...when it comes time to do so (like before applying for that new mortgage)...remember that FICO not only takes your amount of balances into account, they also look at how many cards you have balances on. With the above balances, your FICO score would benefit if those small balances were all on one card...preferably the one with the highest credit limit.

Again...congratulations. Having the patience to let your accounts mature and grow is often the hardest part. Your average age of accounts has likely taken a hit here, so let time do its work.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice. I just paid down all the small balances to 0 and paid that 1200 balance on the chase down to 600. I just put all the cards with 0 balances on small recurring monthly charges and put them in the drawer. My AAOA did take a lil hit but I think the new 4500cl Slate will help slow the bleeding a little as it will also bring my debt to credit down also. You are right though. Now its time to let time do its work
Message 8 of 10
jefftca925
Established Contributor

Congrats!!  I agree with Lynette.  Try to only let 1 acct show a small balance to maximize your FICO score.  It definitely helps.  But do use your cards to show the issuer that you are using it to prevent closure.  Doesn't have to be significant but just something on there.
CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

chase slate--4500

wamu/chase-- 500  0 bal

BOFA--1500  100 bal

Alliant--500     80 bal

CAP1--1500  100 bal

HomeDepot--750 0 bal

AmexZync--not sure

congrats!!!...im in the stage of rebuilding my self. can u tell me what cards u started with...right now im using those high interest cards..like first prem, orchard and so forth.......im trying to upgrade...thanks
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.