Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

building my credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: building my credit

Mark, I'd look at some of the travel cards and see what fits your spending habits. here are some to think about : Chase sapphire preferred, chase sapphire reserve, barclay arrival plus, capital one venture, etc. Do you travel with a particular airline? You have Citi AA, Southwest thru citi, jet blue from barclay. Lot of choices. Find some ones you like and let us know. Try preapproval and if you can, check your scores. We can help you narrow it down.
Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just thought to buy and pay thinking it will build my credit

Message 22 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I like to travel with Southwest

Message 23 of 26
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
"I am in part joking…you are very methodical which is good but this guy’s scores are not in the toilet like mine and many others here. I bet his cct will yield 800+ across the board and as long as his income makes sense then its show time. I cannot wait until I can get a csr, the $ 300 credit alone makes it a no-brainer imo. I know, stop projecting ha-ha"

Are you at 5/24? I am. Smiley Sad

yep I am just at 5/25 - I was out of the card game for many years so what you see is my 2 years of recovery.  I went into a branch maybe a month ago and only the csp came up but I just got a $ 62K penfed car loan and my bad is almost gone so things are looking up and I am hoping to get the csr before the promo phase ends

Message 24 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just thought that buy and pay would build my credit up

Message 25 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you don't know your scores and have no baddies, is there any particular reason you think your scores may need building or may not be high? If you fly southwest and want a travel card, chase has 3 cards that may work for you. See if you prequalify on chase's website.
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.