Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

call and ask for promo?

tag
swpopham
Established Contributor

call and ask for promo?

I am looking to build a steel building work shop that is going to cost around 100k to do. Has anyone called BOA, citi, chase etc... and asked for a 0% for a year promo on a big purchase or access checks with the promo offer?

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: call and ask for promo?

Most of the offers can be done online.  However a construction loan might be more appropriate for 100K in costs.

Message 2 of 8
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

You can always ask. Lots of people have had success with Discover doing that. But as for Chase, Citi, or BofA, who knows. Good luck! As someone else mentioned, though, have you considered a loan? Your post makes it sound like you plan on putting this on credit cards, but maybe that’s not the case. Again, good luck with whatever you decide to do!!

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 3 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

OP, is the new structure going to be used for business purposes?  Will it be on a residential property or ...?

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Even if possible, what would that do to your utilization?

Message 5 of 8
swpopham
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Even if possible, what would that do to your utilization?

it is possible to do on 2 cards, the building companies do 30% at contract, 40% at construction and 30% at delivery so Id put the concrete 30-40k on my citi card put me at 40% and the building on 1 chase card which i would keep paid to 40% also, ulti would only go up to like 15-20% of available credit.

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 6 of 8
swpopham
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

OP, is the new structure going to be used for business purposes?  Will it be on a residential property or ...?

This is on the new land I just bought and would be used as my workshop when we build our house and storage until then. 

Message 7 of 8
swpopham
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Most of the offers can be done online.  However a construction loan might be more appropriate for 100K in costs.

Best offer I have had is to fianace 30k at 9% interest for 60 months, I dont need to carry it but for 90-120 days at most, just to allow the concrete, water well and building going at the same time. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.