Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

call discover today for cli, but denied

tag
flowfaster
Established Contributor

Re: call discover today for cli, but denied

Yeah you have to hit 6 months and the option appears on the automated phone system. AFAIK

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 11 of 22
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

I'm stuck at $1500 and they will not budge! Smiley Mad

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 12 of 22
CS800
Super Contributor

So I should be happy with my $6500 and wait for an auto CLI if they ever give me one.

Message 13 of 22
learnin113
Established Contributor

@RockinRay wrote:

I'm stuck at $1500 and they will not budge! Smiley Mad

OMG Ray, me too.  I keep doing the CLI requests on the phone...no dice.  Happy that so far no hard though, and I've dont it 3 times within the last 2 months or so.

Message 14 of 22
flowfaster
Established Contributor

How much usage do you guys put through your card?

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 15 of 22
Ron1
Super Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Discover didn't grant any cli.  I called to ask for cli and they had to hard pull. I have 5 Discover and only one  was qualified for cli without hard pull. They only gave me $1K. I have those accounts for over 10 years.

Ron.

You have 5 discover cards ??

Yes,  I have 5. Those Discover was converted from different type of Discover cards. Those were Discover Smithsonian Discover, Discover Universal Studio Card, Discover Gold and Discover Private Issue. They're no longer issued.  

Ron.

Message 16 of 22
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@CS800 wrote:

So I should be happy with my $6500 and wait for an auto CLI if they ever give me one.

As always YMMV but I can only speak of my own experience. I haven't had an auto CLI from Discover in about 3 years. This is despite putting right at $30,000 through my card in 2010 and $38,000 through it last year.

I can't prove it of course but the reason might be that the last time I paid any interest to Discover was a small amount in 1/2010. But my CL is plenty so I will wait and see what the future brings.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 17 of 22
xlr8d
Frequent Contributor

when you did get your auto CLI, how long did you have the card marine?

Starting Score: EQ 515 TU 490 EXfaco 510
Current Score: EQ 660 TU 665 EXplus 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 22
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@xlr8d wrote:

I opened it in 10/2003 and always seemed to have regular annual CLI's of about $1,000-$1,300 up until 3 years ago. I can't recall when I got the very first CLI though.

From a BK years ago to:

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 19 of 22
CS800
Super Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@xlr8d wrote:

I opened it in 10/2003 and always seemed to have regular annual CLI's of about $1,000-$1,300 up until 3 years ago. I can't recall when I got the very first CLI though.

From a BK years ago to:

What's your current CL if i may ask?

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.