cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can barclays close an active acct for too many inq?

tag
creditwatcher2012
Frequent Contributor

can barclays close an active acct for too many inq?

So I probally have 17/18 inquires on transunion(most from auto loan), maybe 5 if that from credit cards... I was thinking about applying for the barclay card rewards but am afraid that they will lose my current APPLE BARCLAYS 1K credit card which has been open for 1 year 1 month, my utilization is 4% right now ?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
goosedog
Regular Contributor

Re: can barclays close an active acct for too many inq?

You should seriously stop and don't even contact them. If they get wind of how many inquiries you have, its lights out.

Message 2 of 7
creditwatcher2012
Frequent Contributor

ok, thx, so you think they would definately close my account? dont they do soft pulls every now and them? so they must know how many inq's I have right?

Message 3 of 7
enharu
Super Contributor

@creditwatcher2012 wrote:

ok, thx, so you think they would definately close my account? dont they do soft pulls every now and them? so they must know how many inq's I have right?

really depends if they will AA you.

How old are those inquiries?

Barclays usually SP TU and EX every 1-3 months. If those inquiries were there before the most recent SP, then they should know. However account reviews, esp. manual reviews, can take up to a few weeks after the most recent SP.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

i dont' so much care about the INQ but barlcay doesn't tend to be easy to get a 2nd card with... and first card being only $1k I wouldn't bet to get a 2nd right now.

Message 5 of 7
teddybearkelli1
Contributor

YMMV of course, but I have their Juniper ITunes Rewards and another Barclays Visa, both about 4 years. I opened 13 new accounts this year, and closed 9 that had annual fees. I have 18,13, and 4 inquiries on my CBR's and have never had a problem with them. I even had an auto cli on one of the cards two months ago. I called to PC one of those cards as well. I always PIF both of their cards.
FICO scores: 790 (EQ) 786 (EX) 796 (TU) |
My Wallet:NFCU CR Visa 24k, AMEX Delta Gd 18k, Walmart Discvr 12k, USAA Plat RA MC 13k, BECU Visa 13k, NFCU NR MC 10k, Sams Discvr 10k, Sportsmans Visa 11.5k, WF Plat Visa 10k, Paypal Extra MC 10k, BofA Fraternity MC 14k, Sams Credit 10k, USAA World MC 9k, Military Star 8.2k |BOA CR 8k |AMEX Evrdy 8k |Lowes 7.3k | Chase Military Star MC 16k, JCPenneys MC 7k, Discover IT 5k , Gymboree Visa 4.5k, Sears MC 4k, TJX MC 3.5k, ToysRUS MC 5k, Chase Amazon Visa 3k, Home Depot 3k, Citibank Simplicity 6.5k, Fred Meyers Visa 2.5k, Target 2k, Kohls 2k, ITunes Visa 5k, Macys 2k, Vystar CU Visa 5k
Message 6 of 7
azguy13
Senior Contributor

The auto INQ's really don't matter too much being that I am sure they were all within 30 days of each other. I do not have a Barclays card, but from what I often hear, it should be your last card for a very long time. As always though, YMMV.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.