Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cap one inquiry question....

tag
blazerein
Established Contributor

cap one inquiry question....

Recently applied for cap one credit on 5/25/10 – pulled 3CB.  Faxed the copy of my SSN and a copy of my Cable/Tel bill to verify my address.  After 2 wks, got a letter that it was declined due to unable to verify my information. Called the back door number and rep told me that my application is closed and try to apply again after 90 days. I finally gave up and move on.  Since I’m interested on a secured card, I called them back on 6/30/10 just to ask for some information. When the rep (Supervisor) opened my account via my SSN, she told me that my previous app still open and that I just need to send a copy of my DL and they will review it again.  I comply with their request and my app status as of 7/8/10 still pending.  My question is:  cap one did another inquiry on my CR – pulled EX and TU after I sent my DL info.  Can they do this when they still have my old CR back on 5/25/10?  Can I call them up and request it to be remove?  Thanks in advance

AAoA 6yrs 3mos | Inquries: TU5/EQ5/EX8 | Utilization: 9% | Mortgage: 1 | Auto Loan: 2 | Personal Loan: 2 | Derogatory: 0

> >CREDIT UNION

EX- 585, TU- 583, EQ- 563 | CURRENT SCORE UPDATED: 2/2023 -> FICO 8 EX 754 TU 741 EQ 755 | FICO 9 EX 747 EQ 763 TU 756
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: cap one inquiry question....

5 inqs and no card?  WTH!!!???

Adding insult to injury, you'll prolly get a song and dance from them when requesting removal, since they technically have PP.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@blazerein wrote:

Recently applied for cap one credit on 5/25/10 – pulled 3CB.  Faxed the copy of my SSN and a copy of my Cable/Tel bill to verify my address.  After 2 wks, got a letter that it was declined due to unable to verify my information. Called the back door number and rep told me that my application is closed and try to apply again after 90 days. I finally gave up and move on.  Since I’m interested on a secured card, I called them back on 6/30/10 just to ask for some information. When the rep (Supervisor) opened my account via my SSN, she told me that my previous app still open and that I just need to send a copy of my DL and they will review it again.  I comply with their request and my app status as of 7/8/10 still pending.  My question is:  cap one did another inquiry on my CR – pulled EX and TU after I sent my DL info.  Can they do this when they still have my old CR back on 5/25/10?  Can I call them up and request it to be remove?  Thanks in advance

Same exact thing happened to me.........I got a declined letter after sending them address verification too, I was quite shocked to learn how hard it is for them to verify an address even after I sent my phone bill and bank statement. I mean, come on now, my app is still pending like you...hopefully we will have a happy outcome in the end, good luck! 

Message 3 of 6
blazerein
Established Contributor

Good news ...called Cap One today and CSR told me that I was approved for the Rewards card with 1K CL. Still don't understand why they have to pull another inquiry when they just have to verify my identity.

AAoA 6yrs 3mos | Inquries: TU5/EQ5/EX8 | Utilization: 9% | Mortgage: 1 | Auto Loan: 2 | Personal Loan: 2 | Derogatory: 0

> >CREDIT UNION

EX- 585, TU- 583, EQ- 563 | CURRENT SCORE UPDATED: 2/2023 -> FICO 8 EX 754 TU 741 EQ 755 | FICO 9 EX 747 EQ 763 TU 756
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@blazerein wrote:

Good news ...called Cap One today and CSR told me that I was approved for the Rewards card with 1K CL. Still don't understand why they have to pull another inquiry when they just have to verify my identity.

Congrads on your new card. Some creditors will only utilize the information in a credit report for up to 30 days in order to make their decision. From day 31 on they will pull another report. Probably because your credit picture can change within that time.

I had this happen when I applied for my home equity loan. They were waiting to receive some documention from some outside entities to process. My loan officer let me know when it was close to 30 days if not received they would pull a new report.

At least you got a $1000 limit.  They lured me in to apply for another card ... I took the bait and was instantly approved ... for a whopping $500 Smiley Surprised

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

lucky...i just got my student reward card and the limit is only...500, I have two other account with citi and macy's with CL much greater than that..how strange..

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.