Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cap one overlimit protection

tag
jordy
Contributor

cap one overlimit protection

anyone have cap one call them recently about overlimit protection?

they called today and asked if i wanted overlimit protection for 29.95 a year...they would not charge a fee for going over limit...

i polietly declined... stating that i dont go overlimit and i pif before statement date...also stated the new card act...which she was like oh ok...

just was wondering if anyone else has been getting these calls?

Starting Score: EQ 623 (1/28/10) TU 666 (1/28/10)
Current Score:  EQ 666 (3/4/10) TU 708 (3/4/10)
Goal Score:    EQ 680TU 700
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
DI
Super Contributor

Re: cap one overlimit protection

@jordy wrote:

anyone have cap one call them recently about overlimit protection?

they called today and asked if i wanted overlimit protection for 29.95 a year...they would not charge a fee for going over limit...

i polietly declined... stating that i dont go overlimit and i pif before statement date...also stated the new card act...which she was like oh ok...

just was wondering if anyone else has been getting these calls?

You did the right thing.  Capital One is looking for ways to maximize its profits.  I thought the new law prohibit them from charging over the limit fees.  I have never received a call from any bank after getting approved.  

Message 2 of 8
DI
Super Contributor

Limits on over-limit fees: Consumers must "opt in" to over-limit fees. Those who opt out would have their transactions rejected if they exceed their credit limits, thus avoiding over-limit fees. Fees charged for going over the limit must be reasonable.
Message 3 of 8
laz98
Senior Contributor

no calls, just an opt in or opt out letter.  if they had called me i wouldn't have answered anyway.
Message 4 of 8
jordy
Contributor

thanks for the replies...

i had read the same thing on the card act... one of the reasons why i declined...

i guess there trying to get fees anyway they can now since their going to loose money on overlimit fees..

was just wondering if anyone else had recieved phone calls i thought there was supposed to be a letter to opt in or out

and if i would have known the number i wouldnt of answered, didnt know the number and its on my business phone...

a 1-800 could be a million dollar deal...lol... have to answer those... 

Starting Score: EQ 623 (1/28/10) TU 666 (1/28/10)
Current Score:  EQ 666 (3/4/10) TU 708 (3/4/10)
Goal Score:    EQ 680TU 700
Message 5 of 8
laz98
Senior Contributor

@jordy wrote:

i had read the same thing on the card act... one of the reasons why i declined...

i guess there trying to get fees anyway they can now since their going to loose money on overlimit fees..

was just wondering if anyone else had recieved phone calls i thought there was supposed to be a letter to opt in or out

and if i would have known the number i wouldnt of answered, didnt know the number and its on my business phone...

yeah, i can see why you would want to answer......but i don't answer any numbers i don't already know.  if they want to talk to me, they better leave a message, because i don't call back, either.

Message 6 of 8
DI
Super Contributor

@laz98 wrote:

@jordy wrote:

yeah, i can see why you would want to answer......but i don't answer any numbers i don't already know if they want to talk to me, they better leave a message, because i don't call back, either.

LOL, I'm the same way. They can't leave me a voice message. They would have to text me.  But any unknown call coming from the Miami area, I answer it.  It could be about a job or school related.  

Message 7 of 8
recoverychick
Regular Contributor

I got a call.  Declined.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.