Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cap1 aa, they don't fool around lol

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: cap1 aa, they don't fool around lol

@fuzzlewrote:

they are also disappointed that balances on your non-Capital One accounts are too low Smiley Surprised

Probably they think those balances are too low and Cap1 feels that you won't be doing a balance tranfer from those accounts to their card.

Message 21 of 110
JamP
Valued Contributor

Re: PC to Savor CAP1 CLD.....

I have several auto charges setup on mine, netflix and such. 

I understand their reasoning as I would never use the whole credit line on a card that has this crappy of APR.

Might be a good reason to start cutting a few cards again out of the pack.

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 22 of 110
barbaralee
Established Contributor

I got the same email this morning, with the same reasons. Smiley Sad

Message 23 of 110
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@fuzzlewrote:

they are also disappointed that balances on your non-Capital One accounts are too low Smiley Surprised

That caught my eye as well. 

It's amost like if they see you with a balance (or balances) with another lender they think there's at least a chance they might eventually get a piece of the action, but if there's no balances anywhere they think there's no reason you need the limit.  Smiley Frustrated

Sorry to hear the news, @bourgogne... it always sucks when this happens.  Smiley Sad

Message 24 of 110
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@sjtwrote:

Cap1 has been known for reducing CL for "not using" the cards enough. From what I have read, they seem to be targeting accounts with credit lines of $30K plus.

While most "victims" have had credit lines of $30k+, if I recall correctly the last time they did this there was at least one person with a CL in the low $20k's that got reduced to $10k as well.  Smiley Frustrated

Edited to add:  It looks like @JamP had a credit line of just under $20k and was impacted as well.  Smiley Sad

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/PC-to-Savor-CAP1-CLD/m-p/5187634

Message 25 of 110
redpat
Senior Contributor

I guess from all the CO posts they were doing a lot of house cleaning today.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 26 of 110
arkane
Established Contributor

@fuzzlewrote:

Yeah I literally Smiley LOL'd when I saw that. It's almost as if Capone is saying "we don't think we'll ever make any interest off of you, so we're gonna slash your limits".

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 27 of 110
sjt
Senior Contributor

@UncleBwrote:

@sjtwrote:

Cap1 has been known for reducing CL for "not using" the cards enough. From what I have read, they seem to be targeting accounts with credit lines of $30K plus.

While most "victims" have had credit lines of $30k+, if I recall correctly the last time they did this there was at least one person with a CL in the low $20k's that got reduced to $10k as well.  Smiley Frustrated

Edited to add:  It looks like @JamP had a credit line of just under $20k and was impacted as well.  Smiley Sad

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/PC-to-Savor-CAP1-CLD/m-p/5187634

Wow. I guess Im lucky I havent received a CLD. #KnockOnWood

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 28 of 110
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Got my first AA - Capital One

Cap 1 is on a rampage today. Your the 3rd post today.
Message 29 of 110
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

A good argument for paying each of your credit card once a month after its statement cuts is that the statements will document your use of those cards.  Lenders will see your overall usage when they pull your data from the credit bureaus.  While AZEO may be a good technique for improving one's credit score, it doesn't necessarily help you with maintaining high credit limits.  I recommend using AZEO for a period of time, and then stop using it once the credit score has risen.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 30 of 110
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.