Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cap1 aa, they don't fool around lol

tag
sjt
Senior Contributor

Re: cap1 aa, they don't fool around lol

@UpperNwGuywrote:

A good argument for paying each of your credit card once a month after its statement cuts is that the statements will document your use of those cards.  Lenders will see your overall usage when they pull your data from the credit bureaus.  While AZEO may be a good technique for improving one's credit score, it doesn't necessarily help you with maintaining high credit limits.  I recommend using AZEO for a period of time, and then stop using it once the credit score has risen.

I dont think AZEO has anything to do with it because Cap1 has a record of all your transactions. 

What Cap1 is doing is basically reallocating CL to new or other accounts without increasing their liability. 

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 31 of 110
redpat
Senior Contributor

@sjtwrote:

@UpperNwGuywrote:

A good argument for paying each of your credit card once a month after its statement cuts is that the statements will document your use of those cards.  Lenders will see your overall usage when they pull your data from the credit bureaus.  While AZEO may be a good technique for improving one's credit score, it doesn't necessarily help you with maintaining high credit limits.  I recommend using AZEO for a period of time, and then stop using it once the credit score has risen.

I dont think AZEO has anything to do with it because Cap1 has a record of all your transactions. 

What Cap1 is doing is basically reallocating CL to new or other accounts without increasing their liability. 

CO doesn't see your other accounts when the SP your reports.  As UNG said AZEO can have a negative impact for high limit cards and CLI.  CO doesn't see any credit usage.  AZEO is for the birds, IMO.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 32 of 110
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Banks also have to maintain a capital buffer against any unused CLs so they are looking for you to use the card not just keep it in a drawer. If you dont use it they will assign it to someone who does.

Message 33 of 110
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

email to ceo sent.  based on past experence the exec office is very responsive, I expect that a computer blew through my account and that once someone manually reviews it that a mutually agreeable compromise will be the result.  or not.  most individuals like a happy ending to a story, the ball is in their court to achieve this.  taking away 73% of ones credit line before coffee leaves a bad taste in my mouth.  thank you for the comments.

Message 34 of 110
Gmood1
Super Contributor

The one factor that keeps popping up is the not enough usage on other accounts. So far the majority of the people I've seen here get CLDs.
Were also not showing usage on their other cards, for whatever reason.
As some of the seasoned members here have mentioned. AZEO might not be the best long term approach for those that have high limit cards. Especially with Capital One. Apparently they are looking at your overall usage, not just what transactions you do with them.
Mine still sits a $49.5k for now. It's getting $3 a month. Lol
However, I do have 12 or so other cards reporting balances monthly on a regular basis.
Message 35 of 110
redpat
Senior Contributor

@bourgognewrote:

email to ceo sent.  based on past experence the exec office is very responsive, I expect that a computer blew through my account and that once someone manually reviews it that a mutually agreeable compromise will be the result.  or not.  most individuals like a happy ending to a story, the ball is in their court to achieve this.  taking away 73% of ones credit line before coffee leaves a bad taste in my mouth.  thank you for the comments.

CEO response "Adios Amigos!"  

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 36 of 110
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@UncleBwrote:

@fuzzlewrote:

they are also disappointed that balances on your non-Capital One accounts are too low Smiley Surprised

That caught my eye as well. 

It's amost like if they see you with a balance (or balances) with another lender they think there's at least a chance they might eventually get a piece of the action, but if there's no balances anywhere they think there's no reason you need the limit.  Smiley Frustrated

Sorry to hear the news, @bourgogne... it always sucks when this happens.  Smiley Sad

So, how hard is this "reason" enforced you think? Because I don't mind having the SPG start reporting a full balance every month for it to report to the CRAs so wondering if that's enough to deter any action. Because if not I'm probably better off canceling my Venture before the AF hits in October since CapOne doesn't do partial credit allocations.

Message 37 of 110
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Gmood1wrote:
The one factor that keeps popping up is the not enough usage on other accounts. So far the majority of the people I've seen here get CLDs.
We're also not showing usage on their other cards, for whatever reason.
As some of the seasoned members here have mentioned. AZEO might not be the best long term approach for those that have high limit cards. Especially with Capital One. Apparently they are looking at your overall usage, not just what transactions you do with them.
Mine still sits a $49.5k for now. It's getting $3 a month. Lol
However, I do have 12 or so other cards reporting balances monthly on a regular basis.

my note to them was very calm and high level.  I mentioned a number of things, one was that they should drill into my accounts and check out my high balances on some other cards.  I am transparent that I will do anything for points, I have put several car down-payments for others on my cards, purchased a cruise for someone on my csr and tons of other nonsense but the net of it is very high balances at times for which none have reported.  when they call me I will offer other account snapshots which they will decline but the big question they should ask is why am I not using their card anymore.  what they did instead is make sure I will never use it again. 

Message 38 of 110
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: PC to Savor CAP1 CLD.....

Sorry to hear about your CLD as well JamP.
I'm going to ask you like the others.
Have you allowed your other balances to report?
I'm seeing a pattern with the majority of the CLDs for most part.
I was wondering where your DPs fall with the others?
Message 39 of 110
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@redpatwrote:

@bourgognewrote:

CEO response "Adios Amigos!"  

not a romantic huh, shame.  I will get a call in the next 72 hours and they will restore a good chunk of my credit line.  I live outside of hollywood, trust me happy endings sell

Message 40 of 110
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.