Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

capital one: Cancel card or product change

tag
bltrrt
Established Member

capital one: Cancel card or product change

When i first started out the only card i could get was the capital one cash rewards with an annual fee. Since then I have got anamex, the discover it, a chase, just some better cards that I do not plan to use the capital one. Should i just go ahead and cancel the card or should i see if i can get a product change to a card without an annual fee? Anyone get a product change from capital one? How do i go about doing that?

Starting 05/15/12: FICO EQ 663
Current score: 1/2013 EQ 718, EXP 683
Goal : 700...now 750,mortgage someday

In my wallet: Amex SPG $2k, Citi thank you $2k, Toys R Us mastercard $2k, Capital one cash rewards$1500, Lowes $1200, Old navy $800, Children's place $800, JCP $1350, New york and company $200, Bank of America cash rewards $5000, Chase Disney Visa $1600, Citi simplicity $1500, Southwest visa $4500, Kohl's $ 500, Dillard's $300, Macy's $800
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
qd
Regular Contributor

Re: capital one: Cancel card or product change

@bltrrt wrote:

When i first started out the only card i could get was the capital one cash rewards with an annual fee. Since then I have got anamex, the discover it, a chase, just some better cards that I do not plan to use the capital one. Should i just go ahead and cancel the card or should i see if i can get a product change to a card without an annual fee? Anyone get a product change from capital one? How do i go about doing that?

I've read some people on here have had success getting the AF removed permanently using the EO email address.

Message 2 of 7
CreditHammer

@qd wrote:

@bltrrt wrote:

I've read some people on here have had success getting the AF removed permanently using the EO email address.

I would love to know if anybody has actually did a successful PC without a hardpull...

Message 3 of 7
Cali_Credit
Frequent Contributor

I've had the CLI and the 1% rewards added + the .5% yearly bonus and the annual fee's all permanently waived via the EX office but they still can't PC my card yet. Maybe one day ill get a PC to the Ventures card so ill keep my cards in the SD as there my oldest cards(6 Years Each).

Current Fico's: TU 797 / EQ 785 / EX 775
Wallet: US Bank Business Edge $16,000 I Chase Ink $18,500 | US Bank Cash + Visa Sig $15,000 | Amex PRG NSL | Barclay Arrival+ WMC $10,000 l Amex BCP $20,000 | PenFed Visa Sig $9,000 | DCU Plat. $10,000 | Logix $10,000 | Discover $18,900 | WalMart $10,000 | Paypal MC $15,000 | Barclay NFL $3,400 | Cap 1 Quicksilver WMC $34,500 | J C Penny $5000 | Target $2000 13 Personal & 2 Business CreditCards
Message 4 of 7
sarkell
Frequent Contributor

I really wouldn't care if the card had annual fee removed permanently. I have tried normal channels. Otherwise ill email eo each to refund fees and cli. I'm canceling mc in fall anyways I don't need 3 c1
Cards: CSP $5k, Capital One Cash Rewards VS $3100, Discover it $3k Capital One MasterCard $600, Orchard Bank $3k, Barclays Rewards MC $1250 Gapcard $900, BR $300, Neiman Marcus $1k, Macys $1200 Walmart $500
In the garden until I can get a BCP

Starting Score: 534
Current Score: 682 EQ SW 660 TU 636 EX 3/26/13
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 7
JonStur
Established Contributor

@CreditHammer wrote:

@qd wrote:

@bltrrt wrote:

I would love to know if anybody has actually did a successful PC without a hardpull...

Did it last Thursday. Emailed the CEO's office ( just google CEO of Capital One), they called back later that day, and I explained that I had an AF NO Hassles Card. Requested the fee removed and a PC to the Cash Card. Ended up getting fee removed, a CLI, and kept the No Hassles structure (2% gas 2% groceries 1% everything else) instead of Cash Card's 1 1/2%.

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 6 of 7
JonStur
Established Contributor

BTW it was a soft pull.

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.