Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

capital one backdoor number no longer works

tag
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

capital one backdoor number no longer works

maybe the capital one marketing team/employees are all over this myfico forum or something because the backdoor number seems to not have the same effect and give results like it used to. the only difference now is that when called the backdoor number the people are much more polite, speak clearly, etc. and you do not have to wait as long as you do sometimes when u call 955-7070 or 903-3637.

has anyone else noticed this? the backdoor number is no longer a secret weapon!
Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42
creditreformer
Frequent Contributor

Re: capital one backdoor number no longer works

which backdoor # are you using?  9939 worked great for me on 6/30.  got a cap 1 @ end of april.  6/30 called and got a CLI doubling my CL.  no hassles/took just a few mins.
Message 2 of 43
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

yes it has worked for me for 2 out of 3 accounts. maybe im just greedy
Message 3 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

worked for me two days ago.
Message 4 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
worked for me two days ago.

I you could get the same thing by calling automated CLI , just to be clear the Reps have no Power, another reason why cap1 sucks, at least WAMU doesn't make call to get the CLI your due, that is the difference in between the two in regards to CLIs
Message 5 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got through on the 9939 number today.... Got my CLI doubled from $300 to $600. Been with them for 3 months and I PIF. Good Luck!
Message 6 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

It has nothing to with the number.  It is their (*#& "credit deciding computer"!!!

I haven't gotten a CLI from them in months.  But I know that it is due to the fact that I am not giving them much business in using both of my Visas that I have with them.

Message Edited by landocalrissian on 07-14-2008 06:17 AM
Message 7 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

So 800-889-9939 is the best CAP 1 backdoor number to call? Gonna try for an increase Monday.
Message 8 of 43
TryingVeryHard
Frequent Contributor

I just tried calling this number today and in less than 1 minute the supervisor gave me an additional 500 credit limit increase on top of the 250 they promised me with the credit steps.

woohoo!

Message 9 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

TVH-How long have you had your Cap 1 card? Did they do a soft pull to grant the CLI or just payment history?

Message 10 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.