Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

capital one cli question

tag
tbea1004
Frequent Contributor

capital one cli question

How soon before I can get a cli from cap1? Is it a soft pull or hard pull?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: capital one cli question

@tbea1004 wrote:

How soon before I can get a cli from cap1? Is it a soft pull or hard pull?

SPs and typically its 6 months but there have been cases of less time of late so if you have had a few months of time pass since last CLI I would try the love button, good luck Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can contact the eo and tell then that your credit limit is too low and you would like their card to your primary card. They tell you that they will have a credit analyst look at it and that it will be a soft pull of your credit.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got an increase via button. My account is 2 month old. Id tried after my 2nd statment and letter said it account to new. Then i tried 10 days after my 2nd statement and bam got an increase. The only reason i tried an increase is because i seen a post on here of someone getting an increase when account was only 2 months old.
Message 4 of 7
tbea1004
Frequent Contributor

@CreditAddict456 wrote:
I just got an increase via button. My account is 2 month old. Id tried after my 2nd statment and letter said it account to new. Then i tried 10 days after my 2nd statement and bam got an increase. The only reason i tried an increase is because i seen a post on here of someone getting an increase when account was only 2 months old.

Was it a soft pull or hard pull?

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was told by a credit analyst from Capital One that the best way to get a CLI and pretty decent increase is to use your card as much as possible. Don't be affraid to push the limit of your card up to 90%. Just pay down the balance as soon as the pending charges are posted. He said that this is a sure way to get a CLI if you call through the EO office. I'm currently working on doing this with my Quicksilver One card, which I was upgraded to only 1 week after receiving my Cap1 Platinum card. I only have a $300 limit on it, but the analyst told me to use it like crazy and call back in a month or so and I should be able to get upwards of $2,000 +. They try to match your limit with your spending habit. The more you spend, the bigger buffer of a limit you should have. Just PIF no matter what! Also, only worry about your utilization rate when you are trying to apply for new credit, not so much a CLI. 

Message 6 of 7
Windowguy
Valued Member

A new card will get a CLI after 6 months, use you card on a regular and you will be eligible for a increase every 6 months. I just hit the love button and got approvesd for 4 out of 5 CLI. Yes

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.