Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

capital one executive office

tag
firefox100
Valued Contributor

capital one executive office

Hi I just want to say how I ffeel about Capital. I have Quick Silver master card that I had for over 14 years and stuck on credit limit of 4700 for the last teen years. The problem is not that you don't get cl increases is customer service does nothave the authority take look and fix the problem and make the customer feel that ther business is wanted. Ther are some people on the boards who get up set when some speak bad about and think that EO office should not be bother for small thing like cl increase. That what thay get stock options and six figure income. You don't see that many complaints with Discover thay have Us base customer service. Capital One is sub prime lend when it comes Auto loans. Just to make it clear wher I am comming from I am shorting Capital One COF and selling call I think the stock will go down from hhere if thay don't get ther act together.

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: capital one executive office

Capital One is extremely successful with their model. People like us here on myFICO with a wallet full of cards and a sock drawer holding the rest of them are not the normal customer. We are outliers and on top of that, we are unprofitable outliers. Trust me, Capital One knows what they are doing. There are so many other lenders out there, I never really understand why people take it personally. Capital One removed all power from the EO and reps because of previous rampant abuse. The way things are going, we are going to see more Capital Ones in the world than Discovers. 

Message 2 of 32
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Capital One is extremely successful with their model. People like us here on myFICO with a wallet full of cards and a sock drawer holding the rest of them are not the normal customer. We are outliers and on top of that, we are unprofitable outliers. Trust me, Capital One knows what they are doing. There are so many other lenders out there, I never really understand why people take it personally. Capital One removed all power from the EO and reps because of previous rampant abuse. The way things are going, we are going to see more Capital Ones in the world than Discovers. 

Hear! Hear!

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 3 of 32
kxkxkxx
Regular Contributor

@Saeren wrote:

Have to agree...I actually opened my checking and savings with them because they were the ONLY ones that helped me get my credit on track...Chase and the other crooks didn't bother....I will say CapitalOne was giving me regular CLI's and 0% balance transfer offers, but those have slowed...mainly because I have paid off most everything so my use of each card has plummeted....but I am a CapOne fan for sure.

Current FICO 8 Scores
EQ 759
TU 748
EX 744
Message 4 of 32
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Unfortunately people were using the EO for every trivial request so capital one just went totally automated with decisions. It is what it is and we will see more of it in the future with other lenders IMO. Human decisions are on the way out, by and large.
Message 5 of 32
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@firefox100 wrote:

Hi I just want to say how I ffeel about Capital. I have Quick Silver master card that I had for over 14 years and stuck on credit limit of 4700 for the last teen years. The problem is not that you don't get cl increases is customer service does nothave the authority take look and fix the problem and make the customer feel that ther business is wanted. Ther are some people on the boards who get up set when some speak bad about and think that EO office should not be bother for small thing like cl increase. That what thay get stock options and six figure income. You don't see that many complaints with Discover thay have Us base customer service. Capital One is sub prime lend when it comes Auto loans. Just to make it clear wher I am comming from I am shorting Capital One COF and selling call I think the stock will go down from hhere if thay don't get ther act together.

What has changed that you now want to short?   Yes, there have been EO changes in the last few years, but how many of the general public even knew such a thing existed in the first place.   And, just as a measure of how sure you are, what sort of quantity of stock are you shorting?  

Message 6 of 32
firefox100
Valued Contributor

I am shorting 1000 @ 90.35. I am great example I have fico scores arount 796 and over 800. Capcapital one wants customers with fixo scores around 700 and lolower. Thay make money with cards holders who have cl's of 3000 and less. Thay make ther money from over limit fees and high intrest on balances. You can get an Auto loan from cap one if your score is around 620. If the economy goes south and people walk away from car loans when thay are up side down then cap one going to have losses from Auto loans and creditcards. 2008 is comming again.

Message 7 of 32
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

+100

Why can't there be a 5X or a 10X KUDOS button? 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 8 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe $4,700 is all the credit you deserve. Scores are not the only factor in credit making decisions. If your credit is good enough, other lenders will give you credit. Move on to other lenders. Why are you taking it personal?

Message 9 of 32
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@firefox100 wrote:

You just have to do move on -- do what I did ~10yrs ago. I wasn't happy with Cap1 and I just closed my card. And that was even before I knew about MyFICO.

Also, what you are describing is NOT what they get stock options and 6-figure incomes for. They get this by making Cap1 ultra profitable, and which Cap1 is. And who does Cap1 make its profit off of -- those who don't PIF & pay interest, those who pay late, and those who bounce checks. Literally, I SMH at all those fees!

Yep, I suggest eiher closing or sock drawering the card and maybe even apply for another one.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.