Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

capital one graduation

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

capital one graduation

hey guys so i opened my capital one secured card october 2018

i just got off the phone with a representative i asked when my card would graduate

he stated capital one is continually monitoring accounts for graduation
and there's no specific time when just keep up my good credit use

i asked so its possible for my secured card to graduate he said yes

i have read conflicting reports on this forum. so i wanted your guys take on this

has anyone with a card opened in 2018 been graduated

i run between 800-1500 a month through the card and PIF i would hate to think my good habits with this card would get me no where.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: capital one graduation

I have not seen any recent posts indicating Cap1 is still  unsecuring cards, at least not in the last 2-3 months. 

It's quite unclear if they will resume that practice.  Is this Platinum or PC'ed QS? 

Anyway, you should be paying with whatever makes most sense financially for you. 

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

its the platinum
i just don't get why cap one is telling some people the cards will never graduate

and others the cards will graduate

either the csrs are clueless or they are able to see if a card is eligible based on the date the card was opened and if they were or were not doing graduations as of that date

lol
Message 3 of 4
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
its the platinum
i just don't get why cap one is telling some people the cards will never graduate

and others the cards will graduate

either the csrs are clueless or they are able to see if a card is eligible based on the date the card was opened and if they were or were not doing graduations as of that date

lol

That would be true with most lenders. Make the same call three times, and you may get 2-3 different answers. 

Have you tried PC to QS? 

At least you'd get some cash back. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.