Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

capital one question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

capital one question

Okay, so I have a capital one secured mastercard. there used to be a button where i could deposit money on it. i got this card a long time ago, maybe 3-4 years? and i've noticed that that button is gone. it started out as $200 and i deposited $25 so it's $225 now. has this card switched to unsecured or am i just confused? 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: capital one question

Not sure, but I know back when I had secured cards both of them listed my deposit on each and every statement-usually a second or third page and it will say it is in a bank account being held or something like that. Might want to check. Or-call or chat. GL. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 9
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

At some point last January Cap1 stopped allowing extra deposits on the secured card. The limit is whatever you start it with now. Some of their secured cards have received a CLI, usually 300. A forum member posted that a friend got an email stating that the card will graduate with the deposit becoming a statement credit.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

instead of creating another thread, i thought i would post in this one. on the advice of someone here, i applied for the cap one qs and it denied me and it saidi have too many capital one accounts. are you only allowed to have one? i have 2 currently, as stated ^^, but i'd rather have just one with a higher limit than $300

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think 2 is the max. Some have more but I think they were grandfathered in to the old rules. I could be wrong but I know at least in the beginning of your relationship with them you can only have 2. You can combine the 2 and close one..:: and then reapply for a 2nd 6 mo later. Smiley Wink
Message 5 of 9
redneck18
Contributor

As to how many cards you can have, it depends on which card you have or are applying for. Read the agreement, each of their cards had said little different TOS. Quick example off the top of my head if memory serves, platinum and QS1 state two accounts when applying, meaning if approved that could be your second account. The higher tier cards, QS and venture state 5.
Message 6 of 9
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

A Cap1 secured card can't currently be combined with another card. I say currently because that could change at any given time. It can't be PC'd either at this time.
Message 7 of 9
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Another thing I want to point out is that if you were declined due to too many accounts then it is unlikely that any HP was made.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Duh. My bad. Wasn't thinking secured to unsecured. Good catch.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.