Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

card for the wife wells fargo or boa?

tag
swpopham
Established Contributor

card for the wife wells fargo or boa?

We just checked her reports and they are all right around 730s mostly 0 balances.

Im wanting to pick up a card just for her. Everything we have is joint, except the new ML+ card that I have coming. I think it would be a good idea to at least have one card with a different issur besides chase and nfcu. Amex hates her and discover seems to turn her down everytime. So open to ideas, dont need a cash rewards or anything, just a normal low interest credit card. I think we have hit our max limit at NFCU and Chase  so.... ideas. her inquries are around 6-8 most from car shopping and 2 from ge for paypal and lowes

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: card for the wife wells fargo or boa?

@swpopham wrote:

We just checked her reports and they are all right around 730s mostly 0 balances.

Im wanting to pick up a card just for her. Everything we have is joint, except the new ML+ card that I have coming. I think it would be a good idea to at least have one card with a different issur besides chase and nfcu. Amex hates her and discover seems to turn her down everytime. So open to ideas, dont need a cash rewards or anything, just a normal low interest credit card. I think we have hit our max limit at NFCU and Chase  so.... ideas. her inquries are around 6-8 most from car shopping and 2 from ge for paypal and lowes

Need more info whats her file like baddies, cards etc

EDIT....INQ"s on which CB

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 13
swpopham
Established Contributor

12 year file aaoa 7.0 inquries are spread between them all for the last 2 years, income around 85k 1 bad from toyota in 2009 (still fighting over a lease return) shows  charge off 0 balance customer disuptes and disagrees with resolution.

cards

Chase CSP 30k- dunnp prob 3.5 for the month (joint)

Nfcu 22k- 28k- 2.5k balance (joint)

walmart- 10.5k 3500 statement cut and PIF (new tires) (hers)

lowes 7.5k- 0 balance (hers)

nav check 15k- 0 balance(joint)

nav check 15k- 0 balance (joint)

ben bridge 15k- 9k balance  (joint)

Ink cash + 100k dosent report

jp morgan pd card 50k dosent report  both joint accounts

150k house paid down to 82k in 5 years

cars/trucks/ business loans are in my name

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 3 of 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

@swpopham wrote:

12 year file aaoa 7.0 inquries are spread between them all for the last 2 years, income around 85k 1 bad from toyota in 2009 (still fighting over a lease return) shows  charge off 0 balance customer disuptes and disagrees with resolution.

cards

Chase CSP 30k- dunnp prob 3.5 for the month (joint)

Nfcu 22k- 28k- 2.5k balance (joint)

walmart- 10.5k 3500 statement cut and PIF (new tires) (hers)

lowes 7.5k- 0 balance (hers)

nav check 15k- 0 balance(joint)

nav check 15k- 0 balance (joint)

ben bridge 15k- 9k balance  (joint)

Ink cash + 100k dosent report

jp morgan pd card 50k dosent report  both joint accounts

Barclay arrival has a nice int% rate pulls from TU may fit her profile and usually has a BT offer as well

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 4 of 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 5 of 13
swpopham
Established Contributor

citi declined her in Jan for inquries on eq...dunno if I like the way citi is, Im still screwing the presidential office over my account I told them to up the limit or close it. its been 6 months since I opened it.

Message 6 of 13
enharu
Super Contributor

It's kinda hard to force your way through a CLI when the account is only open for 6 months. Best of luck on that anyhow.

As for your wife, either company is good. BofA has better rewards than Wells Fargo but Wells Fargo has a lower interests rate generally and CLI can be SP.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 7 of 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Hmm, when i think if low rates neither one come to mind. What about Barclays Ring?
Message 8 of 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Hmm, when i think if low rates neither one come to mind. What about Barclays Ring?

09lexie that's the card I meant said arrival don't know why its the Ring 8% int...

Mind wondered while eating popcorn Lol

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 9 of 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.