Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

card not reporting limits

tag
revvystoke
Frequent Contributor

card not reporting limits

I have a BofA Ak Airlines card and its not reporting limits. I need to travel for work and I can pay for the tickets myself and be reimbursed, should I charge 2-3k worth of tickets on it and leave the balance on for a month so it will report, or will it still report if I charge it let it post then PIF right away?

AkAir $50k | Marriott $65k | Local CU $8k
TU: 770 / EQ: 748 / EX: 769
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
DI
Super Contributor

Re: card not reporting limits

@revvystoke wrote:

I have a BofA Ak Airlines card and its not reporting limits. I need to travel for work and I can pay for the tickets myself and be reimbursed, should I charge 2-3k worth of tickets on it and leave the balance on for a month so it will report, or will it still report if I charge it let it post then PIF right away?

If you have no other credit card balances  reporting, I wouldn't be concern with that one card not reporting a credit line.  Some like to have their credit lines to report to help their utilization.  If that's not an issue with you, I wouldn't worry. 

Message 2 of 4
revvystoke
Frequent Contributor

I am at 12% util overall. I was concerned that if I eventually use the card it will show the current balance as the limit if I didnt make any purchases higher then that and make it appear as though it is maxed out.

AkAir $50k | Marriott $65k | Local CU $8k
TU: 770 / EQ: 748 / EX: 769
Message 3 of 4
DI
Super Contributor

@revvystoke wrote:

I am at 12% util overall. I was concerned that if I eventually use the card it will show the current balance as the limit if I didnt make any purchases higher then that and make it appear as though it is maxed out.

Yes, it would show the current balance as the limit only if you let the balance report.  But, if you ever charge more than what the current balance reports, the new balance would take its place. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.