Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

card recommendations

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

card recommendations

hey guys, i was just wondering if anyone had a card recommendation for me. At the moment i have two and i want to get to three and let those build up. They are a discover it which just unsecured with a limit of 1200 and a BOA cash rewards 99/500 secured.
The discover it is 7 months old and my oldest card so i'm still new and not over a year of credit history. I'm 18 and have a part time job so my annual income isn't going to get me anything fancy obviously. i'm just looking for a good run of the mill rewards card. Possibly a master card so i can have a visa, discover, and master. Itd be great if i could get an unsecured but i'm fine with secured as well.Im not currently enrolled in college atm so don't think i could get a student card.
my discover fico score is 734 while my cct is
trans union 734
experian 712
eq 726
i recently tried for an amex charge card but got instantly
denied. I didn't think i'd get it anyways. but anyways thanks in advance for any suggestions on what i should do.
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: card recommendations

Where do you Bank?
Do you have any good local credit unions?
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

i actually bank at a credit union, they're pretty okay as far as checking goes.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

https://vystarcu.org/Products-Services/Cards-Services/Credit-Cards

These about the same as other credit unions?

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not a bad card. Usually CU's value relationships. You may want to try them. If they deny you CU are really good at Recon too. Call them up and plead your case. Smiley Happy

Your scores are good. If you have income or are a student I would try.

Keep us posted on what you decide. gL!
Message 5 of 7
EAJuggalo
Established Contributor

Capital One Platinum.  You shouldn't have any problems getting one and in a month or two you call in and have them change it to a Quicksilver with no annual fee.  1.5% cash back Mastercard.

EX700 TU 704 EQ 694 4/03/22
Cap1 QS-$4,500 Chase Freedom Flex- $800 Chase Freedom Unlimited- $1,000 Victoria's Secret- $1,200 Citi DC- $800 Amazon Store Card- $3,500 AMEX Hilton Honors-$1,000 Discover It-$1,000 Wal-Mart MC $290 Chase Sapphire Preferred-$5,000 NFCU Flagship $13,800 AMEX BCE-$1,000 AMEX Gold-$5,000 AMEX Delta Blue $1,000 Lowe's $5,000 Navy Platinum $17,000 AMEX BBP $2,000
Message 6 of 7
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

You might want to try for a UMB Simply Rewards credit card, for 3X points at Gas Stations, Grocery Stores, Discount Stores, Restaurants and Fast Food. 1X everywhere else.

There are lots of banks that offer a version of that card. For example, First American Bank offers one, and they do have locations in Southwest Florida.  https://www.1934.bank/banking/personal/tools/credit-card/

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.