Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cards that dont mind inquiries and new accounts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

cards that dont mind inquiries and new accounts

hi all. which cc companies dont mind inquiries and new accounts? 

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: cards that dont mind inquiries and new accounts

There are banks that are not new account/ inquiry but it really depends on your individual overall credit profile. 

I would say Synch Bank on most store cards would let u in with a lot of new accounts/ inquiries with a 676 TU. 

Capitalone is pretty ok on it from my experience. 

You have some nice cards, how many inquiries/ new accounts are u talking about? I would definitely try and stay away from these banks if u are really feeling new account/ inquriy heavy. 

• US Bank
  • Barclays
  • Citi
  • Chase
  • American Express
  • Bank of America
Message 2 of 25
kdm31091
Super Contributor

While some are less sensitive than others, the bottom line is you will never get the best limits and APRs with a ton of recent inquiries and accounts. So instead of worrying about who is sensitive to it, I suggest you merely wait and then you can apply for what you actually want.
Message 3 of 25
ddemari
Super Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:
While some are less sensitive than others, the bottom line is you will never get the best limits and APRs with a ton of recent inquiries and accounts. So instead of worrying about who is sensitive to it, I suggest you merely wait and then you can apply for what you actually want.

What KDM said is right. U can skirt in with some lenders even though u have lots of the new accounts/inq's, but u will get bogged down with not the best terms, higher apr, maybe even lower limits. 

Message 4 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

makes sense. thanks all 

Message 5 of 25
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@ddemari wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

What KDM said is right. U can skirt in with some lenders even though u have lots of the new accounts/inq's, but u will get bogged down with not the best terms, higher apr, maybe even lower limits. 

And with some issuers, you are really truly STUCK with that limit and APR in most cases. Chase for example, generally not big on CLIs and never lowers APR so if you apply at the wrong time you'll regret it later.

Message 6 of 25
ddemari
Super Contributor

very true definitely with chase. 

Message 7 of 25
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

Great prior advice given,, wish I had known this when I was apping a couple yrs back....

Message 8 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ddemari wrote:

There are banks that are not new account/ inquiry but it really depends on your individual overall credit profile. 

I would say Synch Bank on most store cards would let u in with a lot of new accounts/ inquiries with a 676 TU. 

Capitalone is pretty ok on it from my experience. 

You have some nice cards, how many inquiries/ new accounts are u talking about? I would definitely try and stay away from these banks if u are really feeling new account/ inquriy heavy. 

• US Bank
  • Barclays
  • Citi
  • Chase
  • American Express
  • Bank of America

I hope it goes well when my wife and I do a joint app for lowes...my TU is 639

Message 9 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually applied for a Alliant cu rewards card and got approved for 10k limit at 2.9 percent. Equifax is my best. The loan officer said I had a 708. The only reason they didn't match my 20,500 highest limit was because of too many inquiries, 20, and too many new accounts, 4 in the last year.
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.