Did you mean: 

cash credit lines

tag
pt310
Frequent Contributor

Re: cash credit lines

@vAirGo7 wrote:

@pt310 wrote:

It's really funny you posted this, OP. I was just looking at mine this morning, (out of curiosity also).

I have a couple cards that the cash limit is 20% of the total limit, but the others seem kind of random. For example, my C1 cards:

CL of $1,200, CCL of $1,200                100%

CL of $ 2,750, CCL of $2,250                82%

CL of $ 1,250, CCL of $ 500                   40%

CL of $ 1,150, CCL of $ 287.50 (lol)      25%

Then there's BoA:

CL of $ 3,500, CCL of $ 200                    6%  Smiley Tongue

lol, it seems random to me. Kinda curious what the CCL looks like for account with high CL.

My highest atm is CL of $8,700, CCL of $ 1,740....20%

There's quite a few others on here with much larger CL's than me. Maybe some of them will chime in.

Message 11 of 17
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

My Orchard/now Cap One card has 100% of the CL as CCL...at a whopping $10,000 XD

Message 12 of 17
pt310
Frequent Contributor

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

My Orchard/now Cap One card has 100% of the CL as CCL...at a whopping $10,000 XD

WOW!!  Smiley Surprised

Message 13 of 17
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@pt310 wrote:

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

WOW!!  Smiley Surprised

I think this is because at one point this card was an Orchard secured, therefore since it was once backed with a savings account you had access to the amount through the cash advance on the card.

So after it unsecured due to transition to capital one and i got a CLI on it, i guess they never changed how it codes in their systems XD

cash advances give me the heebie jeebies...i never request pins on my credit cards and always check "no" to cash advances...i even shread the pins I receive if i don't have a choice in the matter...absolutely hate them! i hope i never ever have to use one!

Message 14 of 17
pt310
Frequent Contributor

+1 daybreak, I've never used one either. Just kinda gives you a sense of security knowing it's there....just in case.

Message 15 of 17
vAirGo7
Regular Contributor

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

Nice CCL!

Message 16 of 17
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

One Chase card I have has 50% of the credit line for cash and the others only have 20%. FIA is 30% and US Bank is the highest for me with the whole credit limit on all the cards being available for cash. The cash lines have always increased as the credit limit goes up.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.