cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

caution -- I think your Citi Dividend Platinum Select cash rewards zero out after December 31

tag
MojaveMoon
Established Contributor

caution -- I think your Citi Dividend Platinum Select cash rewards zero out after December 31

I'm under the impression that each year after December 31, your Citi Dividend Platinum Select cash rewards are automatically set to zero by Citi's computer system. In other words, I don't believe the rewards are carried over into the new year -- so, this is a public service reminder to cash them in or risk losing them.
Message Edited by MojaveMoon on 12-29-2008 07:24 PM
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: caution -- I think your Citi Dividend Platinum Select cash rewards zero out after December 31

You can call Citi to verifty, but I think you're incorrect.  I've had this card since 2002 and I don't think I've ever had my rewards zeroed out.  There is a cap to how much you can redeem in a calendar year, but I'm fairly confident that if you have any rewards dollars remaining at year end they carry over.  If you think you'll have over 300 dividend dolars in 2009 and you haven't hit the cap in 2008 then by all means redeem your rewards.  Otherwise don't worry about it.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: caution -- I think your Citi Dividend Platinum Select cash rewards zero out after December 31

My cash rewards were carried over from 2007 into 2008.   However, I do know that this rewards program's terms & conditions varies.  My rewards never expire, and some cardholders' rewards expire after 2 or 3 years.   So, it could be true that some account holders' cash rewards zero out after December 31st.

Message Edited by psychic on 12-29-2008 10:39 PM
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The rewards will carry over on what you have earned. Jan 1 starts the new cap of 300 dollars that can be earned for the year.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
The rewards will carry over on what you have earned. Jan 1 starts the new cap of 300 dollars that can be earned for the year.

That's also my understanding of this rewards program.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.