Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cc with best and worst customer service

tag
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: cc with best and worst customer service

Interesting thread (and responses)!  I can honestly say at the moment I've had good experiences with Amex, Barclays, BoA, Cap1, Chase, Citi, Comenity, Discover, GE.  However, I've had issues in the past with Barclays, Cap1 and Citi.  Amex has been mediocre for me; nothing outstanding, nothing terrible.  I understand not taking things personal, but it's obvious some lenders have better training techniques than others.

Best:  Discover.  Even though it's not my highest limit, they've provided the most consistent and helpful guidance.  They've always made me feel valued.

Worst:  US Bank.  Every rep I've spoken to comes across like I'm a bother.

Message 31 of 49
sandman2435
Established Contributor

If you have a Barclays Black card ,The best service US Customer Service reps and almost no wait time,CSP is a close 2nd.Chase is the best for recon's and BOA is a very close 2nd,Amex is good as well.Unless you need to talk to new accounts.Than its overseas,Cap one for EO has been good for me as well..Citi retention dept is good if you need to do a product change or try to get fees waived

Message 32 of 49
Weights
Regular Contributor

@B335is wrote:

Interesting thread (and responses)!  I can honestly say at the moment I've had good experiences with Amex, Barclays, BoA, Cap1, Chase, Citi, Comenity, Discover, GE.  However, I've had issues in the past with Barclays, Cap1 and Citi.  Amex has been mediocre for me; nothing outstanding, nothing terrible.  I understand not taking things personal, but it's obvious some lenders have better training techniques than others.

Best:  Discover.  Even though it's not my highest limit, they've provided the most consistent and helpful guidance.  They've always made me feel valued.

I concur with US Bank being bad.  Sad thing is, I banked with them for over 11 years before leaving them.  To make a long story short, they tried to make me pay for fradulent charges on a credit card account, even though they ackonwledged I didn't make them.  Their excuse was I didn't send a fraud affidavit in a timely matter, which was completely false.  I had the certified receipt and notarized signature copy to prove as such.  In the end, I got reimbursed, but it was a long and harsh battle fought.  Additonally, their reps often acted bothered by me when calling in as well.  Management cared less when I complained about the experiences.  It's too bad, because I really like their cash+ card.  Still, I refuse to subject myself to treatment like that again. 

Message 33 of 49
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

I've been debating whether to add my .02 in, but I'm suprised more people haven't mentioned CU's...if I have an issue with anything mine's there. Like amex, they've always taken my side first, going so far one time when money was tight to drop one of the rediculous pending transactions so I could pay a bill.

They SP'ed me (w/o asking), and lowered my interest rate...you can't not love them!

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 34 of 49
Weights
Regular Contributor

@longtime_lurker wrote:

I've been debating whether to add my .02 in, but I'm suprised more people haven't mentioned CU's...if I have an issue with anything mine's there. Like amex, they've always taken my side first, going so far one time when money was tight to drop one of the rediculous pending transactions so I could pay a bill.

They SP'ed me (w/o asking), and lowered my interest rate...you can't not love them!

I'm glad to hear your CU has been good, and couldn't agree more with your statement.  I left US Bank for a local credit union as well for this reason.  Though I've haven't had to dispute anything or otherwise had issues with the account, they provide me better service than I received from US Bank.  Additionally, their visa card offers me much better and simpler terms with a generous limit included.  Only downside is that the rewardsa aren't that good, but the much better service wins it out in my book.  

Message 35 of 49
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@Weights wrote:

@longtime_lurker wrote:

I'm glad to hear your CU has been good, and couldn't agree more with your statement.  I left US Bank for a local credit union as well for this reason.  Though I've haven't had to dispute anything or otherwise had issues with the account, they provide me better service than I received from US Bank.  Additionally, their visa card offers me much better and simpler terms with a generous limit included.  Only downside is that the rewardsa aren't that good, but the much better service wins it out in my book.  

Service is always number one for me!

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 36 of 49
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@longtime_lurker wrote:

Service is always number one for me!

I guess this is personal preference, influenced by one's history.

For me: rewards are #1.   I very rarely have to contact a credit card CSRs, so their quality would come WAY down my list of priorities.   Of course, when things go wrong, you want them corrected, but that has almost never happened to me: I got a late charge reversed and got a chargeback when a merchant didn't deliver (it turned out later that they had in fact left the goods, I just didn't see them) both from Capital One.

In most cases, I don't see a gain from having a very competent company that correctly gives me substandard rewards!

If I were buying expensive things then I can see using Amex for the higher quality protection, but I feel that this is almost more a feature of their cards than part of their CSRs.   

Message 37 of 49
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

@SorenX wrote:

+1 as much as every thread of my body wants to dislike capitol one, i really cann't as they did issue my first credit card after bankruptcy

Why would you WANT to dislike them?

because of the wretched manner in which they treat their customers. imho a card should grow with the credit profile of its user not sit in a sock drawer because it has had a 500 limit for 7 years!

Message 38 of 49
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@B335is wrote:

+1000 gotta agree with you B335, I have had good experiences with Amex, BofA, Citi, Chase, Discover! Havent dealt with Barclays yet. But i gotta say the friendliest have been Discover reps. I dont really like US Bank and Wells Fargo much (but of course i am basing it on my own personal experience).

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 39 of 49
unc0mm0n1
Established Contributor

Best: It used to be USAA but theey seemed to have changed recently. I'm going to say a tie between NFCU and Chase with Discover not too far behind.

Worst: I don't have any subprime card but of my cards Amex is probably the worst and they aren't bad, the other's are just better. 

Last App March 23, 2015. Gardening until November 25, 2015
Current Score: 766 EX 734 EQ 780 TU 6/30/2015Starting Score/Goal Score: 580s/780s across the board
Message 40 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.