Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chase cards....

tag
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

chase cards....

so it seems Chase is discontinuing some of their cards. at this point it does not seem that they have a non-partner chase branded card any more. but they seem to have too many partner branded cards. do you think chase will come out with a new top tier card? even though the CSP is a great card i do not think its top tier like the JP Morgan select and palladium was. I think chase needs a new top tier card or bring the palladium back.

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: chase cards....

the palladium and JP Morgan select are still available.

JPMorgan Select requires you to be a JPMorgan client.

Palladium requires you to have a private banker that's helping you out. Easiest way to achieve that is >250k in deposits.

Those cards just became more "exclusive" and is no longer mentioned on their website, just like how the centurion isn't for Amex.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 19
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:

Palladium requires you to have a private banker that's helping you out. Easiest way to achieve that is >250k in deposits.

so i can just convert my united card to this? not that i was but i would never get rid of my CSP nor my WEMC 

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Message 3 of 19
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@afbar1114 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

so i can just convert my united card to this? not that i was but i would never get rid of my CSP nor my WEMC 

No, you need to have a private banking relationship with JPM for this. Essentially the JPM Select and Palladium are now off-limits to the general public. If you don't have a net worth into the 7 figures (even for CPC), don't bother.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 4 of 19
enharu
Super Contributor

you have to be specifically a client of JP Morgan, not just Chase, from what I know.

If you're a client you can talk to your advisor about how to get the card. I don't have it nor do I have an account with JP, so I can't really tell you what the specific requirements are. Hopefully someone else can clarify this for u.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 5 of 19
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:

you have to be specifically a client of JP Morgan, not just Chase, from what I know.

If you're a client you can talk to your advisor about how to get the card. I don't have it nor do I have an account with JP, so I can't really tell you what the specific requirements are. Hopefully someone else can clarify this for u.

Bribro summed it up quite well in another post, but essentially it's this:

CPC begins at 250k

PB-HNW is 5M+

PB-UHNW is 25M+

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 6 of 19
enharu
Super Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

@enharu wrote:

CPC begins at 250k

PB-HNW is 5M+

PB-UHNW is 25M+

thanks for clarifying!

those JPMorgan cards are sexy Smiley Surprised

Message 7 of 19
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

Message 8 of 19
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

@enharu wrote:

CPC begins at 250k

PB-HNW is 5M+

PB-UHNW is 25M+

ill be there when i hit the lottery tonight lol....so if you see me with a palladium card youll know i hit the lottery. Smiley LOL

Message 9 of 19
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@afbar1114 wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@enharu wrote:

CPC begins at 250k

PB-HNW is 5M+

PB-UHNW is 25M+

ill be there when i hit the lottery tonight lol....so if you see me with a palladium card youll know i hit the lottery. Smiley LOL

I honestly don't think 250k for CPC is as difficult to get as it sounds to many people. You definitely don't need to win the lottery for it. Any middle-aged professional with a 6 figure salary (or close) and decent money-management skills can get there eventually. At that point it just takes time.

For those earning an average salary (say 50k), they'll probably never get there since virtually all of their income will be spent and therefore there will be very little leftover to invest.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.