Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chase fraud department

tag
swpopham
Established Contributor

chase fraud department

Just did their job. We called in for a cli, approved and went to Lowe's dropped 6k on everything and got home and both mine and my wifes phones started ringing. It was the fraud team asking if I was in Europe and if my wife was buying from telemarketers.
They closed the cards and overnighted the new csp cards. They really did a great job on these cards
"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Re: chase fraud department

Nice

Message 2 of 11
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Love that immediate actionSmiley Wink

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 11
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

Chase's fraud dept is the best.this has happened to me a few times but never was used over seas just big buys and wanted to make sure it was me. Asked few questions about security and the buys turned card back on....

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 4 of 11
distantarray
Established Contributor

just got a call cause I transfered few grand into navy federal =)

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 5 of 11
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

Their algorithms are pretty amazing.  I was mugged a few years ago and before I could call to cancel my cards, they shut them down based on purchases made at a gas station late at night in the same city, but in a part of town I do not frequent.  I've traveled overseas and spent much larger sums of money without having them flinch, but apparently they know I don't buy cheetos at 3:00 a.m. on the other side of the river.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 11
Epcot
Valued Contributor

That's good to hear. They are really on top of accounts. Nice!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 7 of 11
distantarray
Established Contributor

@Walt_K wrote:

apparently they know I don't buy cheetos at 3:00 a.m. on the other side of the river.

and what's wrong with that?!

Message 8 of 11
DarkScythe
Valued Member

Chase is pretty great with this.

I log into my account online and check them every day out of habit, but one day I noticed my Freedom had some charges pending for an credit report service thing that I never applied for.

I thought nothing of it, since it was only pending, and it went away after a couple days.

Then I saw the card get charged for some World of Warcraft thing. Haha. I don't even play that game.

Figured I'd call up Chase about it at the end of the day, since I had an appointment that day.

I don't even make it that far and Chase calls me to ask about this stuff and cancels my card and overnights me a new one.

Message 9 of 11
distantarray
Established Contributor

Oh I remember once I went to Dallas Fort Worth airport on a layover, I bought some food, and 15 minutes later I got a call from a rep asking if it was me, cause they noticed a charge out of my area =)  

It was nice cause I forgot to let them know I was going on an international flight, so they saved me a call and possible troubles if I got there and tried to use it first.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.