Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chase recon failed again

tag
stone
Regular Contributor

chase recon failed again

they denied me again with the same resaon, credit history is not long enough. I told them I have a job although I am currently student, and I have chase checking account for one year now, and direct deposit all the income to that account. It is not help yet.

A wired thing, I only call them twice, but this csr told me that there are three remarks in file. How that happend?!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

Re: chase recon failed again

If you're credit history isn't long enough then I would stop recon-ing. You may need at least a year having a credit card to get with them. Not sure what their criteria is.

===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 2 of 8
quest208
Frequent Contributor

@stone wrote:

they denied me again with the same resaon, credit history is not long enough. I told them I have a job although I am currently student, and I have chase checking account for one year now, and direct deposit all the income to that account. It is not help yet.

A wired thing, I only call them twice, but this csr told me that there are three remarks in file. How that happend?!

so they keep track of each recon request?  

TU08 762
NFCU Visa Signature $20,000, Citi Prestige $15,500, USAA Mastercard $11,000, American Express Platinum, Barclays American Express $4700, Best Buy Mastercard $400, Orchard/Capital One $700
Message 3 of 8
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Yes. Companies make note of each time you contact them, and it is logged in their systems. They do this for customer service purposes and also for tracking customer behavior, etc....
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 8
quest208
Frequent Contributor

i need to stop calling these people

TU08 762
NFCU Visa Signature $20,000, Citi Prestige $15,500, USAA Mastercard $11,000, American Express Platinum, Barclays American Express $4700, Best Buy Mastercard $400, Orchard/Capital One $700
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

A Chase bank clerk told us, in no uncertain terms, that we had to have two (2) full years of excellent credit history with someone else before they would approve us for a credit card. And, we have had our checking with them for over 20 years! We applied right in our local bank branch.  The guy who took our application KNEW we didn't have any other credit cards and that we had been living for years on the cash system.  YET, he never explained anything to us until AFTER our application was denied.  THEN, he explained that our application was denied because we didn't have a FICO score or any open credit history.  THEN, he told us that they require 2 full years of history.

Chase credit cards are GREAT but, their bank clerks -- not so much! 

Message 6 of 8
john398
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

A Chase bank clerk told us, in no uncertain terms, that we had to have two (2) full years of excellent credit history with someone else before they would approve us for a credit card. And, we have had our checking with them for over 20 years! We applied right in our local bank branch.  The guy who took our application KNEW we didn't have any other credit cards and that we had been living for years on the cash system.  YET, he never explained anything to us until AFTER our application was denied.  THEN, he explained that our application was denied because we didn't have a FICO score or any open credit history.  THEN, he told us that they require 2 full years of history.

I think there bankers get some kind of reward when someone is approved for a card thus making them want to run everyone.....of course thats just my view

Message 7 of 8
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@john398 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I think there bankers get some kind of reward when someone is approved for a card thus making them want to run everyone.....of course thats just my view

+1

CapOne bank CSR's are the worst!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.