Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chase sapphire preferred cli

tag
Jccflat
Established Contributor

chase sapphire preferred cli

I know someone who was approved now with $12700 cl
Will this grow or wen to ask a cli ? Is it a sp or hp ?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: chase sapphire preferred cli

@Jccflat wrote:
I know someone who was approved now with $12700 cl
Will this grow or wen to ask a cli ? Is it a sp or hp ?

Since we don't know anything about the someone you know, we are unable to adequately answer your question, not knowing DPs or stats. However, I can tell you that Chase loves to HP.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 2 of 7
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Automatic credit line increases from Chase are rare (I got my only one after 12 years just this year), but can happen with heavier usage.  Generally speaking, unless the person's credit profile becomes significantly better soon after opening the card (i.e. credit score went up 25 points, derogatory information fell off of credit reports, just got a $20,000 raise, etc.), I would suggest waiting at least 6 months but perhaps 12 months prior to requesting a credit line increase unless monthly spending is consistently causing very high utilization of the card.  Chase CLIs initiated by the customer are always a HP and sometimes they will pull 2 different credit bureaus.

Message 3 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Jccflat, as mentioned above, any customer-initiated CLI requests are HP.

You may want to check with the individual you know if they are willing to go through that process.

What type of usage is the individual placing on the card? Low, moderate, heavy? How long has the CSP been open?
Message 4 of 7
Jccflat
Established Contributor

He just got approved 3 weeks ago
He plans to use it moderate to heavy if that’s case in how long should he go for a cli?
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jccflat wrote:
He just got approved 3 weeks ago
He plans to use it moderate to heavy if that’s case in how long should he go for a cli?

As stated above... 6-12 months.  

My personal veiw though is to get a new card with them and then move the limits around since it's a HP either way.  

e.g asked for a CLI and got 5K, 3 weeks later opened a new card and got 25.9K 

Moving limits w/ Chase is relatively easy as e-mailng them through the portal and telling them what limits you want for each card and it's usually done in a matter of a couple of hours.

Message 6 of 7
CaptJOB
Regular Contributor

I think as long as there's consistent usage and income increases there's a good chance this will happen organically. 2/3 of my Chase cards have had SP increases(CSP was about 6-8 months in for 5,000->6,500 and several increases in 18 months of a CFU from 500->3,700).

I continually updated my income(tripled in that time) so that's something to keep in mind.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.