Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chase switch and bait

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

chase switch and bait

i applied for the 40K hyatt card yesterday, got approved, and they're telling me I applied for the 2 nights offer... I have the screenshots too. who can i contact? thanks.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: chase switch and bait

Send them a secure message. Chase is usually pretty good with honoring their offers.
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

theyre saying I get what I supposedly applied for.. contact EO or just keep messaging? thx

Message 3 of 21
BklynHts

2 nights offer is better than 40,000 points, you can use this at any of their most exclusive properties. The most exclusive properties require at least 30,000 points per night, so I'm not certain why the preference for 40,000 points bonus.

Message 4 of 21
JackBeNimble1
Contributor

I agree two free nights is better than the points. You got lucky!

Amex Gold, Amex Bonvoy, Amex Hilton Honors Surpass, Amex Every Day, Amex Hilton Biz, Amex Delta Biz, Barclays Arrival+, Barclays Rewards, Capital One VentureOne, Capital One Quicksilver, Chase Freedom, Chase IHG Rewards, Chase United Explorer, Chase Sapphire
Message 5 of 21
trant3
Established Contributor

How is the  scenario a "switch and bait"? Didnt really switch from anything. But I agree with others, 2 nights free has a higher value, if you stay at a higher CAT hotel.

FNBO $15k, Aspiration Zero $11k, Affinity FCU $10k, Sofi $15k, Venmo Visa $2.7k, Apple $7k, Citi Custom Cash $14k, Citi Double Cash $15k, Citizens Bank Cash Plus $8k, Chase Amazon $3k, Chase Flex $13.6k, Chase IHG $16k, Amex BCP $9.5k, Amex Hilton $10k, Chase Freedom $26.5k, NFCU Plat $46k, NFCU Cash $33k, Discover IT $29k, Discover Miles $12k, BECU Visa $14k, Wells Fargo Active $6.3k, PenFed Promise $15k, PenFed Gold $20k
Message 6 of 21
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Oh wait.. I would take what you got over the 40k points ina heartbeat
!!!!
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I never even travel out of state so I wouldn't even know where to use the two free nights lol. Unless there's something spectacular in california, which i will be visiting soon that's a very high category maybe?

Message 8 of 21
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I never even travel out of state so I wouldn't even know where to use the two free nights lol. Unless there's something spectacular in california, which i will be visiting soon that's a very high category maybe?

Hyatt has high end properties all over California. Use Hyatts own site to see what is in the area you will be visiting.

Message 9 of 21
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Two nights are not always better than 40k.

1. The nights can expire if your plans change. The points don't (though there may be devaluations).

2. Not everyone is going to stay at premium properties. Five nights at a Cat 2 may be more convenient.

They also have occasionally done targeted 50k offers, and even 50k + $50 ones.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.