Did you mean: 

christian community credit union

tag
RichieNY
Contributor

christian community credit union

I applied for a Credit card with these guys

I saw they work with people around a 600 credit score

I hope they see that my baddies are YEARS old and that my new accounts are in good standing Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
oracles
Valued Contributor

Re: christian community credit union

Good luck Richie
Message 2 of 12
moondog7324
Frequent Contributor

How many credit cards have you applied for in the past year? I think you need to chil awhile and groom the cards you have. Or follow my suggestion about a secured card at a Credit Union- even those are not guarenteed if you show too many inquiries, or new credit.
Message 3 of 12
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Did they pull EX?

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 4 of 12
RichieNY
Contributor

havent checked yet but I hope experianSmiley Wink

Message 5 of 12
manyquestions
Established Contributor

They usually call you and go over your credit report with you.  Start practicing what you want to say to sell them on why you are a good risk.  Like everybody else they used to be easy and now they are stricter.  Good luck.
Message 6 of 12
creditreformer
Frequent Contributor

Good luck.  However, I think you need to chill on the apps + let your accts age.  Otherwise, you’re just racking up inquiries which are lowering your fico.  Takes awhile to offset your baddies + w/new ccs, lenders are leery to extend more credit.  also, if all you have are subprime ccs now, app sprees are likely just going to lead to more 3 digit cls.  i guess it's 'good' (if your goal's simply 'get as many ccs as i can') short term, but long-term it may be better to wait a bit.

btw, why not go for a secured cc w/ba?  they took me w/EX of 570s + some baddies (from 03).  then again, that was 8 mos. ago + the credit world was slightly easier/better than it is today.

Message 7 of 12
moondog7324
Frequent Contributor

Just curious- do you have to be a Christian to join?
Message 8 of 12
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

If you don't belong to one of the member organizations, you have to be willing to make a personal statement of faith.

btw, I have no reason to think that CCCU's finances are shaky in any way, but anyone considering them should be aware that they are NOT Federally insured by the NCUA (National Credit Union Association) or by any states. They are privately insured, and that's probably fine, but those thinking of having bank accounts there need to decide if this is acceptable to them.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 9 of 12
oracles
Valued Contributor

Wow HTSU kudos to you

I dont have CCCU and not looking to, but that was very interesting and great to know for people

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.