Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cit's platinum select visa

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

cit's platinum select visa

I'm looking for a 0% balance transfer card and the Citi Visa Platinum Select is currently offering 21months no interest which seems to be the longest promo rate I've seen. The only thing that I don't like about this card is that it doesn't offer any rewards, so after the promo rate is up, I really don't have any incentive to use it anymore, which is fine but it would be nice to have perks with it. I have a Chase Rewards MC and Amex with points, both with 16k CL. I think the Citi card does have "Extra Cash" but that seems pretty lame as far as rewards go. I've read that it's possible to do a PC(product change) to a different card & was thinking/wondering if it would be possibl to that after the promo period is up? Just wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions/advice/personal experience they could share. Also, does anyone know what kind of inital CL Citi gives out? I'm looking to transfer about 4k but don't want to use up too much of the cards limit. As mentioned above, I have a MC and Amex and would like to add a Visa just because, but it seems like most if not all of Citi's cards are MC

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
CreditMuppet
Frequent Contributor

Re: cit's platinum select visa

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm looking for a 0% balance transfer card and the Citi Visa Platinum Select is currently offering 21months no interest which seems to be the longest promo rate I've seen. The only thing that I don't like about this card is that it doesn't offer any rewards, so after the promo rate is up, I really don't have any incentive to use it anymore, which is fine but it would be nice to have perks with it. I have a Chase Rewards MC and Amex with points, both with 16k CL. I think the Citi card does have "Extra Cash" but that seems pretty lame as far as rewards go. I've read that it's possible to do a PC(product change) to a different card & was thinking/wondering if it would be possibl to that after the promo period is up? Just wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions/advice/personal experience they could share. Also, does anyone know what kind of inital CL Citi gives out? I'm looking to transfer about 4k but don't want to use up too much of the cards limit. As mentioned above, I have a MC and Amex and would like to add a Visa just because, but it seems like most if not all of Citi's cards are MC

I think you are definately on the right track with Citi but you have to choose between low APR or a rewards program.  I would suggest going with one of their low APR 21 month 0% APR deals and then in a year PC to Citi Forward or Citi Dividend if you want rewards, you wont get both in one product at Citi but they have some of the best rates around for Balance Transfers.

Starting Score: 770
Current Score: 765 (EX) 763 (EQ) 756 (TU)

Auto Enhanced: 788 (EX)
Goal Score: 800
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.