Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

citi and credit line Increases

tag
boauld
Valued Member

citi and credit line Increases

how are they about upping your limit when u activate your cc?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: citi and credit line Increases

Citi makes you wait at least 6 months before you can request CLI.

However, they did up my limit from 6k to 7.5k on my third statement.
Here we go again...
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, i been paying 200 a month on my card with 0 int trying to pay off the balance from a HIGH INT installment! Anyway No luv for me, but i have a 9200 cl and don't use but 2489 right now lol. I refuse the use it.. let me know what u find out OP!
Message 3 of 5
smallfry
Senior Contributor

I just got my 4th Citi card last month and it was the 1st time I was able to grab a small increase in the credit limit upon activation. They won't give me a CLI on my 8 month old Pro card but they seem like they will approve me for any number of cards I wish to apply for. I've only been with them a year though and have no complaints. They treat me a lot better than Chase has.
Message 4 of 5
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

I just received my second citi card, while activating I asked that they match the credit line on my first card (+10k), which they did within minutes.

If this is your first card, I would wait at least 3-4 months min; if you have addt'l accounts, just call the credit department (or customer service) and request the increase.
[4/24] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 3, TU 2. AoOA=15.8y, AoYA=8m.
TCL $678.5K: Personal $562.5K, Business $116K.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.