citi double cash question

tag
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

Re: citi double cash question

@FinStar wrote:

@Sharingan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

has anyone recently applied for, been approved, and received the citi double cash? if so, did yours come as a world or world elite mastercard? im trying to gage how it could turn out cause i know some people get world and some get world elite. thanks! (asking for a friend who was approved for $4,500 on DC and has an Arrival+ WEMC if it means anything)

My Double Cash is a simple 'World MasterCard.' It wasn't until fairly recently that Citi started issuing World Elite MasterCards for the Double Cash, which many consider to be faux due to them lacking many of the features typically offered on WEMCs. When it comes to the Double Cash, I don't believe credit profile has anything to do with a cardholder receiving the WEMC over the WMC simply because those with 20something% APRs wouldn't get the WEMC if that were the case. I have the lowest advertised rate on my DC, yet I have the WMC with the ugly clown colored logo on the back. 

I truly believe that it is completely random whether one gets the WMC or the WEMC. What other sensible reason could there be for distinguishing between the two on this credit product when both levels are stripped down, devoid of the usual benefits, and handed out with unfavorable credit terms? 

I don't think that it's random.  Obviously, there's an algortihm that determine why someone receives WMC vs WEMC, and while we can see on the surface that even the DC WEMC is a stripped-down version of some actual WEMC benefits, somehow Citi determines what the criteria yields such an outcome (since WMCs are still being issued).

Interestingly enough, and as I have mentioned before, when I PC'd my Dividend WEMC to Double Cash (given there wasn't a bonus to begin with), it retained the actual WEMC "usable" benefits that were part of Dividend, including the Flexible Spending feature, etc.  Yet, folks who get the current WEMC version don't get that feature + the other WEMC benefits as you mentioned.  At the end of the day, does it really matter?   These days WEMC is as diluted as most cards come so it's not entirely a unique product tier.  As I've said before, some individuals are impressed by the silver balls Smiley Very Happy

I think citi just decides on their own to give whatever features they want lol. My Thank you card which started with a $4,000 limit which is now a $8,800 limit was always a Flexible spending account when it was a regular Visa and now i a WMC.

WEMC does offer some benefits that are fantastic though specially with car rentals. With National they offer a free upgrade to Emeral Eexcutive which basically offers a faster rate to free car rental points, an Asile where you can choose any car inside of it with EE and EA asiles ( the free tier), and free upgrades like if you rent a Luxury car you pay the Premium rental rate. They also offer something with Avis I believe as well.

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.