cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

citi pc

Your FICO® Scores can impact your loan interest rates, terms, approvals and more.
Regular Contributor

citi pc

questions about doing a prodcut change with citi. do you get the sign up bonus at the time? is it really 45 days? are there limitations, such as up and down families, or can you jump all over the place? appreciate any responses ahead of time.

Starting Score: 539eq 482tu 509ex
Current Score: 539eq 482tu 509ex
Goal Score: 650eq 650tu 650ex


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Moderator

Re: citi pc


@washington12 wrote:

questions about doing a prodcut change with citi. do you get the sign up bonus at the time? is it really 45 days? are there limitations, such as up and down families, or can you jump all over the place? appreciate any responses ahead of time.


You definitely do not get any sign up bonuses when you product change. That is true for all creditors afaik.  Not sure about 45 days but there certainly are limitations. I know in the past that they would not allow product changes for the Sinplicity card.  I'm sure others will come along that have experience it's this.

Message 2 of 5
Senior Contributor

Re: citi pc


@Irish80 wrote:

@washington12 wrote:

questions about doing a prodcut change with citi. do you get the sign up bonus at the time? is it really 45 days? are there limitations, such as up and down families, or can you jump all over the place? appreciate any responses ahead of time.


You definitely do not get any sign up bonuses when you product change. That is true for all creditors afaik.  Not sure about 45 days but there certainly are limitations. I know in the past that they would not allow product changes for the Sinplicity card.  I'm sure others will come along that have experience it's this.


True, but some issuers do give upgrade/PC bonuses.

Major spend: CSR, CFU, BBP, Costco
Rewards/AAoA ballast: CF, Discover, ED, BCE, Arrival, DoubleCash
Perks: Schwab Platinum, IHG49, Hyatt75, SPG Luxury, Delta Platinum, Aviator Red
Plan to close: Savor
Message 3 of 5
Moderator

Re: citi pc


@wasCB14 wrote:

@Irish80 wrote:

@washington12 wrote:

questions about doing a prodcut change with citi. do you get the sign up bonus at the time? is it really 45 days? are there limitations, such as up and down families, or can you jump all over the place? appreciate any responses ahead of time.


You definitely do not get any sign up bonuses when you product change. That is true for all creditors afaik.  Not sure about 45 days but there certainly are limitations. I know in the past that they would not allow product changes for the Sinplicity card.  I'm sure others will come along that have experience it's this.


True, but some issuers do give upgrade/PC bonuses.


Well that's true but Citi doesn't and he specifically asked about signup bonuses.  About the only creditor I know that does that is Amex and while I see a lot of people here do them, in general they are horrible deals because once you take the upgrade bonus you are forever preventing yourself from getting the signup bonus for that card but that's another topic.

Message 4 of 5
Valued Contributor

Re: citi pc

I PC'ed my City Hilton Honor card to DC card. I do not think DC has bonus anyway.

Image result for bank of america cash rewards
Message 5 of 5