Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

citi

tag
jaraico
Regular Contributor

citi

approved for citi for 1k heard so much about the luv button after 6 months...

before anyone gets cray on here yes i know everything is ymmv (or something like that) lol im just ranting so dont shoot!

i got no love despite heavy use and always paying in full until  1 year later that resulted in a hard pull for 1.5k blahhh

just got the citi typ which i tried to combine with simplicity and secure message and csr both said NO!

chase combined my CSP and SWP in 2 minutes.

i know everyone out sources csr's but citi has been by far the hardest and most frustrating convos with them

anyways bottom line is in MY OPINION get in good with chase or amex, citi sucks!

Barclays TU: 760 MyFico EX: 746 EQ:?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: citi

@jaraico wrote:

approved for citi for 1k heard so much about the luv button after 6 months...

before anyone gets cray on here yes i know everything is ymmv (or something like that) lol im just ranting so dont shoot!

i got no love despite heavy use and always paying in full until  1 year later that resulted in a hard pull for 1.5k blahhh

just got the citi typ which i tried to combine with simplicity and secure message and csr both said NO!

chase combined my CSP and SWP in 2 minutes.

i know everyone out sources csr's but citi has been by far the hardest and most frustrating convos with them

anyways bottom line is in MY OPINION get in good with chase or amex, citi sucks!

Thanks for sharing! Citi was on my list.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 6
baller4life
Super Contributor

Mine's too!
Message 3 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

I agree with you, Citi still has me on their internal BL for BK them in 1996. I went all the way to the EO with no luck, they said I had to pay what was discharged, this is technically illegal.... It was my only app with them (in 11/13) since IIB and my last.

Message 4 of 6
Shock_
Frequent Contributor

Currently, Citi is my high TL at 3k. Sure, they started me off at $500. But they gave me a CLI to 3k with a call to the EO before even using the card once. YMMV for sure, but Citi has shown faith in me, and my calls to EO had even regular customer service has always been pleasant. Some issuers don't combine CL's, some do. Simple as that.

Capital One Quicksilver MC $3000 6/2011 | Chase Amazon Visa $1400 8/2012 | Citi Diamond Preferred MC $4200 7/2013 | AMEX Green NPSL 8/2013 | Chase Freedom $1000 Visa 8/2013 | AMEX BCE $7000 2/2014 ==> 2/2013
Message 5 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry to hear OP but Citi has been GREAT all these years for me.  Yes, it's all YEMV and varies by individual.  However, IME, I've never had any issues with any of the products I have (CLIs, PCs, rewards, you name it)  Yes, they are a little more challenging than other peer banks but that's just how they roll.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.