Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

citicards rejection

tag
outofthewoods
Valued Member

Re: citicards rejection

not to keep bothering you...on the BOA website credit card section I can apply for the secured card. is that the 99/500 others talk about? Should I just apply for it? (as its been said I need to start somewhere)
Message 21 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually, for the 99/500 you would apply for the unsecured Visa Platinum Plus.  If declined, they may offer you the 99/500 or secured card.

Here is a link talking about this:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=generalcredit&message.id=10685&query.id=303...

Message 22 of 28
outofthewoods
Valued Member

thanks for the link and info.

I think I'm going to go ahead and give it a try. Got to build up the foundation before you can build the house.

Message 23 of 28
outofthewoods
Valued Member

which is better..the 99/500 or a boa secured that graduates after a 9 months/1 year? thanks all.
Message 24 of 28
pattycake
Established Contributor

@outofthewoods wrote:
which is better..the 99/500 or a boa secured that graduates after a 9 months/1 year? thanks all.

Their CSRs may be able to talk you through an answer to that question. 
pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Message 25 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Depends on your finances.

They offer secured cards to $10,000.  How big of a CL do you want?  If you only care about $500, then $99/500 is the cheapest out of pocket secured card.

If you want a bigger starting CL, then the standard secured card is a better fit.

Message Edited by txjohn on 08-01-2009 11:12 AM
Message 26 of 28
cabana7
Valued Member

I have been turned down twice by citi, once some time ago for too many inquiries and recently for having sufficient credit...I guess no citi for me...I do have a NTB (national tire and battery) sitting at a zero balance

I also have a Macy's card with a zero balance that I think could turn into citi but not real sure....I won't apply with them again so in the distant future they'll have to come offering me something because twice is enough...I have been reading horror stories about chase but they have been real good to me and so has bank of america...sometimes I think it's luck of the draw EQ726 TU700

Message 27 of 28
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@cabana7 wrote:

I have been turned down twice by citi, once some time ago for too many inquiries and recently for having sufficient credit...I guess no citi for me...I do have a NTB (national tire and battery) sitting at a zero balance

I also have a Macy's card with a zero balance that I think could turn into citi but not real sure....I won't apply with them again so in the distant future they'll have to come offering me something because twice is enough...I have been reading horror stories about chase but they have been real good to me and so has bank of america...sometimes I think it's luck of the draw EQ726 TU700

Turn into a Citi what? DSNB, which issues Macy's cards, is owned by Citi and serviced by Macy's. Last year some Macy's store accounts were transferred from DSNB to Citi. They were not the better accounts. There is a Macy's Visa card which is also a DSNB product, which is available by invitation or an in store application. The Macy's Visa card is not considered easy to get.

Message Edited by creditwherecreditisdue on 08-02-2009 09:20 PM
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.