Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cli question - how lenders may view it?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

cli question - how lenders may view it?

how does it look when im getting CLI's every month?

does it show who initiates it? if my utilization continues to be 0 for that particular card, i should be ok right?

i dont want other lenders who may be periodically checking up on me to see that my credit limit from another lender is getting higher and higher. 

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: cli question - how lenders may view it?

The lender you initiated the CLI with will know.  But others lenders don't know and it is not a big deal if you get a CLI on a card with a zero balance.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you for that

so for example, if amex raises my cli, or i initiate a cli, chase wouldnt be like **bleep**? and close my accts right?

been seeing a lot of chase aa recently and i dont want to risk anything.

Message 3 of 7
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

thank you for that

so for example, if amex raises my cli, or i initiate a cli, chase wouldnt be like **bleep**? and close my accts right?

That is very unlikely.  Also, have you really been seeing a lot of Chase AA?  Compared to other issuers?

To answer the question more generally, if repeated CLIs led to very large limits, some other issuers might eventually not want to extend additional credit to you (so no CLI or new card) but generally your limits have to be very high compared to income for this to happen, and not common even then

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

thank you for that

That is very unlikely.  Also, have you really been seeing a lot of Chase AA?  Compared to other issuers?

To answer the question more generally, if repeated CLIs led to very large limits, some other issuers might eventually not want to extend additional credit to you (so no CLI or new card) but generally your limits have to be very high compared to income for this to happen, and not common even then

ive been reading a lot of posts about AA  from various lenders on this board, and its reasoning. I do not want to put myself in a position where i'd be flagged as risky, credit hungry, or abusive.

my TCL is no where near my income. but it is definitely skewed towards chase. 75% of my Credit is from chase. 25 is from AMEX/Discover/WF.

Message 5 of 7
Aahz
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The lender you initiated the CLI with will know.  But others lenders don't know and it is not a big deal if you get a CLI on a card with a zero balance.

Just to clarify this....

Other lenders won't know who initiated the CLI, but they will know that you have received multiple CLIs.  

Part of the report for each card includes a line that looks something like:

Credit Limit: $5,000 09/2016 - $3,000 08/2016 - $1,000 - 05/2016

Message 6 of 7
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

thank you for that

ive been reading a lot of posts about AA  from various lenders on this board, and its reasoning. I do not want to put myself in a position where i'd be flagged as risky, credit hungry, or abusive.

my TCL is no where near my income. but it is definitely skewed towards chase. 75% of my Credit is from chase. 25 is from AMEX/Discover/WF.

OK, but remember that what you are seeing is highly unrepresentative.  The vast majority of people in the real world, and probably most people on myfico don't receive AA.  People just don't post "Yep, no AA on ANY card today, that's 3555 days in a row...".  Don't over app, keep util fairly low, pay on time, and AA is unlikely.

There are quite a few reports from some banks (Synch and Commentiy) but these are also those where many people go overboard getting lots of store cards too quickly making the whole bank overly sensitive.

Chase isn't so much one of those.   Most of the Chase AA comes from things like selling/transferring URs, or "abuse" of Chase checking accounts, much more rarely concerns over app sprees.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.