Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

closed account question

tag
shyboy
Frequent Contributor

closed account question

ok last month, AMEX closed my account on me while i had  balance, my main concern is that this month i haven't received any statement or minimum payment.

Is this normal??? 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Getting back in the credit game after major setbacks
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Scamp
Valued Contributor

Re: closed account question

shyboy wrote:

ok last month, AMEX closed my account on me while i had  balance, my main concern is that this month i haven't received any statement or minimum payment.

Is this normal??? 

I can't tell you whether it's normal or not, but I CAN tell you that you need to call them ASAP and ask THEM where your statement is and what your minimum payment is and when it's due, and make that payment on time, or if possible, pay that thing in full!  Smiley Surprised

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 2 of 5
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

I agree with Scamp. Call them and find out the deal. If you have the available funds, give consideration to PIF'ing.
Here we go again...
Message 3 of 5
SCF
Valued Contributor

Just to increase the sense of urgency, I have heard here and elsewhere that Amex sometimes (often?) asks for a PIF when they close an account, so you really need to get in touch with them and figure out what type of payment they're expecting and when.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should be able to log into your account and see your payment info.
Message Edited by FaircreditguyFL on 12-26-2008 12:55 PM
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.