Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

closed account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: closed account

You definitely have to pay down closed accounts that have a balance. Man, sure would be great if you didn't have to Smiley LOL

And to answer your question yes the late payment will impact your credit. Just don't let it happen again.

Message 11 of 14
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Well wait a second.

Late payments don't impact your credit until 30+ days; if you underpaid by $10 kick more money to it immediately: if the due date was April 30th or whatever you may have a few days to get it current without taking the 30D late notation on your credit report.

But seriously raid the cookie jar and get that account current, then pay it off with a quickness.

        
Message 12 of 14
tricie17
Frequent Contributor

To all who read my post:  I went back into my statements for assurance and starting with my March statement $5.20 was due for April and this is why I paid $20.00 for April.  April's statement shows $30.00 due for May which I have paid $60.00.  The strange thing is First Premier shows on May 9th a monthly fee and a $30 late fee on May 26th which is the due date.  I paid them May 24th and have my receipts.  I know I have to address this with FP but. thought I would get my forum feedback.

Starting Score: 544
Current Score: 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 14
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@tricie17 wrote:

To all who read my post:  I went back into my statements for assurance and starting with my March statement $5.20 was due for April and this is why I paid $20.00 for April.  April's statement shows $30.00 due for May which I have paid $60.00.  The strange thing is First Premier shows on May 9th a monthly fee and a $30 late fee on May 26th which is the due date.  I paid them May 24th and have my receipts.  I know I have to address this with FP but. thought I would get my forum feedback.

Okay, this sounds really different from the first post. So the best thing is to get on the phone first thing tomorrow morning and get this resolved. PRONTO!

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.