Did you mean: 

costco amex DENIED!

tag
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Re: costco amex DENIED!

@OptimasPrime wrote:

@astritaho1979 wrote:

Why is this news.Everyone knows that amex is a joke.I wouldnd even compare with citi.At least they gave me a chance with a high credit limit even though i had a bk in 07 with them

Thats why amex will never be peoples company IMO

Calling Amex a joke because they won't approve you is hardly fair. I'd venture that they wouldn't approve 99.9% of people with bks. This doesn't make them a joke, it makes them a conservative lender. Chase and many other lenders have similar policies based on what I've read on this site.

Also, defaming specific lenders on these forums is generally frowned upon by the moderators, and historically is a sure fire way to get threads locked

+1000

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 51 of 66
android01
Valued Contributor

@mpswirl wrote:

my fico and free credit report gives me a score every month and i also just checked tu a couple weeks ago......scores are still in the 670-680 area they said i was 643. Its not super important that i get this card i just hate another HP ughhhhh that makes me mad.

My guess is that if you can wait until your scores go over 700, you'd have a much better chance,  The Amex Costco is a hard one to get under 720 from what I've read. 

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 52 of 66
mpswirl
Valued Member

Android i thought about it and i figure my score is probably a little low for Amex. I really dont nned them just would of been nice to have. Hopefully in the next couple years ill see the 720s. Thanks everyone for replying, i didnt mean for this to turn into a bashing topic i was just venting out loud my apologies.

ex 669 tu 689 eq 658
these scores are a few months old
goal 700 club
Message 53 of 66
astritaho1979
Frequent Contributor

your doing a great job keep up the good work and good luck

COMMERCE BANK PLATINIUM VISA 20K*PAYPAL MC $9.5K*CITI FORWARD $8.5K*PENFED $6,5K*
*LOWES $6K *CMN BANK $5.2K-*PNC $5K*SCLUB DISC. $5K*
WMART DISC.4K*CMN BANK 3.75K*BANK OF AMERICA $3K* MACYS $2.2K*
JCP $1.8*TARGET $0.7K* UTL1%- AAOA 5.5- TOTAL 12 yrs History/
Transunion 718 Equifax 733- Experian 736
Message 54 of 66
blondy250
Established Contributor

@astritaho1979 wrote:

This is my opinion not yours.I will comment here base on my opinion and i would appreciate if you keep the rest to your self.Thank you

No offense,  but the reason your upset is you were denied a  Amex card for very good reasons. Just like Capital one became a "predatory" bank when they closed your account, also for very good reasons, see the pattern here? This is not just my opinion aparently, Chase, Amex Capital seem to share it.

Fico 8 12/9/17
Equifax 850, TransUnion 842 10/30/17 , Experian 842 12/11/17 . AAOA 12 years Oldest 20
No inquires since 2014
All credit reports frozen
Fico 8 Equifax Bankcard 866 12/27/16
Message 55 of 66
shakalaka
Established Contributor

Maybe you can be approved for a charge card? And build relationship with them with this. You can always cancel the card before the first AF hits you. Many had success with this. I am one of them, even so I am building and not rebuilding.

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 56 of 66
VWTUNER
Contributor

apparently there is not freedom of speech in these forums. 

current cards
WM store
Cap1 platinum
WF secured
Amazon Chase Smiley Happy
Gardening since 12/20/2012
Message 57 of 66
android01
Valued Contributor

@VWTUNER wrote:

This is not a constitutional democracy.  As with other well run privately owned forums, there are rules set by the owners of the site.  This site is wholly owned by FICO and they make the rules concerning what is acceptable "free speech" in their house.  I'm sure you do the same in yours.  

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 58 of 66
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@android01 wrote:

@VWTUNER wrote:

This is not a constitutional democracy.  As with other well run privately owned forums, there are rules set by the owners of the site.  This site is wholly owned by FICO and they make the rules concerning what is acceptable "free speech" in their house.  I'm sure you do the same in yours.  

+1. 

Flaming other posters isn't cool.

Message 59 of 66
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

As mods we must follow the TOS and keep threads OT and in a positive manner.  We must do this even if we are in 100% agreement with what's being said, we must still follow those rules.  Much discussion on these types of posts and posters go on in the background between the mods and administration to find a positive way in which we must handle these situations.  

We are not "ban happy" and believe in correcting a poster's behavior rather than taking immediate drastic actions.  I do hope you understand that we are not here to censor everything to our way of thinking, we do allow debates that are handled in a positive way, and we ourselves learn much from the posters on here as things in the credit world are constantly changing.

I do ask that you abide by the TOS and continue to help our forums grow in a positive way.  There is a wealth of information on here and the majority of it is brought in by our posters, new and old.

Thank you for your time and good luck in your financial future.

Shogun, myFICO moderator.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 60 of 66
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.