Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit card charge off

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

credit card charge off

After high school I went on a credit card spree and had 20+ cards at one time.  Needless to say I couldnt make all the minimum payments and some were closed and charged off.  Now 14 years later all of these are off of my reports of course and I am trying to reestablish my awful credit.  Has anyone ever had this happen and then apply with a company that was a past charge off and been accepted?
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Re: credit card charge off

If you list which CCCs that charged off then we might be able to tell you what chances you have of getting back in the game.Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

JCPenny
CitiBank
Norwest Financial

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have ANY history on your reports?
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Brammy wrote:
Do you have ANY history on your reports?

There is no history of these accounts on my credit reports what so ever, I just know that I never paid them.  I havent gotten collection letters or anything from them in many years.
Message 5 of 13
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

How can that be Brammy???  I'm stumped!Smiley Surprised
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

SpecFile wrote:

The negatives happened 14 years ago well past the 7 year reporting.  Those should have long fallen off. I was actually asking if there was any credit history at all on the report. I you have absolutely no credit history, you will have to start just like you have bad credit with secured cards and the like.  Whatever you do stay away from consumer finance loans.

Message 7 of 13
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Brammy wrote:

SpecFile wrote:

The negatives happened 14 years ago well past the 7 year reporting.  Those should have long fallen off. I was actually asking if there was any credit history at all on the report. I you have absolutely no credit history, you will have to start just like you have bad credit with secured cards and the like.  Whatever you do stay away from consumer finance loans.

I need more sleep.  Sorry about that didn't see the 14 years ago part. lol
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dont think i explained myself well enought  what Im wondering if you think there will be any chance of ever having these cards again.  Example a JC Penny card,  do you think I'd ever get accepted since I never ever paid the first one I had?
Message 9 of 13
fused
Moderator Emeritus

First do you have any accounts on your credit reports? Have you tried to pull your reports?
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.